• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help D3 won't fully turn on

I have a Verizon Droid 3 phone (I actually have two of them that are doing the same thing) that won't fully turn on. It either will start to turn on, and freezes at the droid screen or just doesn't even try to turn on. The only way that I could get it to turn back off was to pull out the battery. I have tried everything I can think of. I tried to charge it fully thinking it wasn't charged, I have tried to reboot the phone and set it back to factory settings but nothing helps. One of the phones is my father's and he has important work information on it that he would prefer not to lose, so if there is any way possible to fix it that won't lose all his data that would be awesome. But I am lost, and don't know what to do next. If anyone else knows, please help me!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones