1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

D321 (Cricket) Official FAQ Thread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spz0, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Spz0

Spz0 Android Expert

So now that Im seeing more cricket users muddling their way through the L70 forum, I thought it necessary to make an FAQ thread to stop people from borking their phones.

I'll be updating this post with more comprehensive data in a week or so (heading on vacation in a couple days) but I'll toss in all the basics now.

Can I also request that a Moderator Sticky this thread for all the D321 users?

First off, Lets state the somewhat obvious. You have a D321. Certain modifications from MS323 and D320 will brick your phone, so Im going to list the ones that are confirmed working to try to avoid any unnecessary bricks to all my cricket brethren.

Rooting your D321:

You can root the D321 using Towelroot then installing SuperSU off Gplay.

LAF Multitool:
    http://androidforums.com/l70-all-things-root/863389-tool-lg-laf-recovery-multitool-v1-2-a.html

This for the most part works.
    You CAN:
    • back up your Laf image
    • zero your LAF partition
    • boot to fastboot (using a different method described below)
    • unlock your bootloader (via fastboot oem unlock)
    You CANNOT:
    • flash CWM (although you can backup your recovery partition and try, it just will not boot)

twogbsd's simple unbrick tool.
    http://androidforums.com/l70-all-things-root/864922-unbrick-twogbsds-simple-unbrick-guide.html
    You CANNOT use this, as we do not have our firmware file present.
    If you use the MS323 file, enjoy your $100 door stop.

Zippy Kernel:
    http://androidforums.com/l70-all-things-root/864723-kernel-linaro-zippy-v2-2-updated-9-27-14-a.html
    You CANNOT use this kernel. It has been compiled for the MS323.
    There _Should_ be support for this in the coming month, so I will update when that happens.

Fastboot/LAF Instructions:
    Our fastboot/LAF seems to be a touch different to enter into.
    From a power off state:
    • Plug in USB and wait for it to read a charge.
    • Press and hold power til the phone vibrates.
    • Immediately release power and press/hold Vol.Up til you enter fastboot/LAF.

Clockworkmod recovery
    From fastboot you can use the D320 clockworkmod recovery image (for the purpose of this tutorial I am calling the image "recovery.img").
    Code (Text):
    1. fastboot boot recovery.img
    Want that cricket carrier label removed from your statusbar?
    P00f!
    http://androidforums.com/l70-all-things-root/873199-d321-remove-carrier-label-status-bar.html

Thats about all for now. I'll update when I've got some more time.

Cheers.

bamx2, VMMintl, LG D321 user and 3 others like this.
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #8 by BobW55, Oct 16, 2014 (1 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. Spz0

Spz0 Android Expert

Bump for sticky status pl0x! :)

4. Bichofelix

Bichofelix Android Enthusiast

"fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" if the recovery works after boot.

First thing you do, for anybody looking at this, is make a backup and restore immediately and then look at advanced>show log to see if you see any errors. I've seen recoveries boot and fail to backup. Plus you need the backup if you should accidentally brick.

In case of brick, fastboot is your best friend.

LG D321 user likes this.
  5. Spz0

Spz0 Android Expert

Do not fastboot flash! Since we do not have a modified aboot.img the verification check fails. Fastboot boot is the only working method thus far

6. Bichofelix

Bichofelix Android Enthusiast

Verification is done via bootloader. From what I understand.. The aboot is to enter cwm via factory reset combo. Once it's unlocked you can flash unsigned images. Unless I missed something... How come ms323 didn't need a modified aboot?

7. Millertime904

Millertime904 Member

I am trying to create a recovery for lg l70 d321 if anybody could Post a video of how its done I can have 1 did up... I need to know the best Linux to use to get it done also.

LG D321 user likes this.
  8. Spz0

Spz0 Android Expert

Not sure of the specifics as I'm New to lg, aside from the fact that the ms323 is a different model than the D321 and d320. D320 needs a modified aboot.img to run cwm, so I can assume ours will too since even with an unlocked bootloader verification check still fails on boot to recovery

9. BobW55

BobW55 Newbie

Anyone gotten the FM radio to work on their LG (D321)???

10. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Is there a D321 recovery yet?

11. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Stuck by the way.

12. Spz0

Spz0 Android Expert

Thanks sammyz.

We can use the D320's cwm via fastboot boot, so Im sure it will work flashed once we have a custom aboot.

sammyz likes this.
  13. geektastic13

geektastic13 Lurker

I have rooted my phone and installed Xposed Framework. Not many modules work with L70 but GravityBox KK, I AM GROOT (just for fun), XuiMod and i have a few others that a rumored to work but i have yet to try. The next i want to try is Ex-Themer.

14. coldelectric

coldelectric Newbie

I bit the bullet and paid for the STOCK FIRMWARE from lgbbs.net

So, if you need to flash the stock rom to your cricket LG Optimus L70 (LG-D321), here are the links:

LG D321 v10c tot file: http://mega.co.nz/#!OY9wxaIR!WEB-Zm7Q-CvZ1p5EbxM9xFHkQPpGetE8XOW53Nn65uY
    LG D321 dll file: http://mega.co.nz/#!mEVSETKL!Th03DITX0ieNKPIdmvEW00v9MZvD8lYZ-E5ryvzd6JM

To be used with LG Flash Tool. This is ONLY compatible with the D321 version of the LG Optimus L70 by cricket. I searched everywhere for 2 weeks for this, and as far as I know, this is the first time it's been made publicly available.

15. AJfrmVegas

AJfrmVegas Member

Any updates on recoveries, Custom Roms for D321?

16. DevMyAndroid

DevMyAndroid Android Enthusiast

@EarlyMon unstick? None of the other variants have an official Q&A and no one posts here.

17. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Lotta people just lurk and follow directions successfully.

Not sure what harm there is leaving this one...

Member1771050 likes this.
  18. firstgennerd

firstgennerd Lurker

So, how exactly do I use these?

sjdano likes this.
  19. roycer

roycer Lurker

Is there any progress/updates on a recovery, it scares the hell out of me messing around without a back up. Are flashing the .tot files as good as it is going to get for us?

20. DevMyAndroid

DevMyAndroid Android Enthusiast

@roycer you can find an aboot in just about any rom thread. this issue has been fixed for a while now

21. roycer

roycer Lurker

I have been searching for months. I have yet to find anything about a recovery for the D321 model. I searched again after your post but maybe im just dense, could you provide a link?

22. bamx2

bamx2 Newbie

Wondering the same ?

23. LitrosNub

LitrosNub Android Expert

Nope. Unless you send a D321 to @vm03 it might NEVER happen.

24. coldelectric

coldelectric Newbie

With the paid/pro version of Titanium Backup, can it do full flashable backups? I thought I saw something about a flashable update.zip that it could make?

25. coldelectric

coldelectric Newbie

The original guide I used has been taken down (from some chinese site), but it's with the LG FlashTool and then you get the megalock.dll file (maybe megalock.zip or .rar), and immediately after installing the Lg Flashtool, UNCHECK THE BOX THAT SAYS 'OPEN PROGRAM AFTER EXITING', beacuse we don't want to execute it until we've replaced the regular megalock.dll in the FlashTool program file folders, with our modded megalock.dll (opening the program makes this file unable to be altered, so make the switch before the first run of FlashTool. If you mess it up, just uninstall everything and you're good to do the re-install it correctly).

XDA has some guides, it involves opening LG flashtool w/ megalock file modified, which lets you select your own .tot/kdz and .dll files to flash. Also something about changing the android device in 'Device Manager' so that the only open port is 'COM 41'. A guide for a similar model (d325 is more common it seems) that mentions those things I pointed out can be assumed to be accurate :)

LG L70 Forum

The LG L70 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 200 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews