• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help D802 touch screen problem

hicvb

Aug 8, 2015
Algeria
Salem

This is my first post in this respected forum , i wish to find solution to my problem.
My phone work perfect before upgrading to lollipop using KDZ file , after upgrading the touch screen stop working properly , i used my stock roms downgrading upgrading without sucess.
After i opened my phone i find under the cover that is Sprint model (LS980) , i tryed to flash it with Sprint firmware using LGFlashTool (tot files) , but the problem is my phone don't accept LS980 firmware (see picture)

Please is there any manipulation to do?

Regards.

Attachments

• Sans titre.jpg
    Sans titre.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 527
Open your Sprint tot in a hexeditor. Search for "980". The first instance you should come across is the full model number followed immediately by the software version. Edit only that very first instance (model number) from ls980 to d800. Note there are 5 characters in ls980 and only four in d800 so you have to make sure that fifth character is made into a blank byte or it will not work correctly.

That will get you past the wrong model issue but you might have a cross dll error next. If so, try the d802 dll when flashing with lg flash tools. If that doesn't work, give this one a shot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ar4ajjrn1n3f1ia/LGUP_8974_Ncrypt3d.dll?dl=0

Upvote 0
it's 100% D800

Ok so there's 2 possibilities then. One is a bad motherboard. The other is just an unfortunate fluke when you flashed the tot. We'll hope it's the latter of the two. So now that you have fastboot mode, you'll need to use fastboot to flash the partitions. I'll assume you already have fastboot set up on your machine, if not ask.

http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime/LG/LG_G2/D800/Stock_Firmware/10o_partitions

Download aboot, boot, dbi, laf, rpm, sbl1, tz only from the above link. (be sure to left click on each, then download them individually).

Remove the numbers/dashes at the beginning of the filenames so you end up with 7 files called aboot.img, boot.img, dbi.img, laf.img, rpm.img, sbl1.img, and tz.img.

Place those 7 files in directory where your fastboot binary lives. Then change directory to that location and fastboot flash all 7 to the device:

fastboot flash aboot aboot.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dbi dbi.img
fastboot flash laf laf.img
fastboot flash rpm rpm.img
fastboot flash sbl1 sbl1.img
fastboot flash tz tz.img

Now close cmd and unplug phone from pc. Long press power button for NO LESS than 15 seconds to ensure phone is totally off. Then press and hold volume up while at the same time plugging back into the pc. You should have download mode back. Now flash a d800 tot. However, I would re-download a D800 tot instead of using your previous one. I doubt you'll have to hexedit it now. If it went through even partially the last time, it probably thinks it's a d800 now as it should so just use the unedited d800 tot and the lg flash.dll for the d800.

Upvote 0
Hey guys.
I'm experiencing a similar problem with my G2 at this time, which I will describe below. I kindly ask you for directions.

1. I got the phone as second hand from someone in Europe. Model D802, with KK 4.4.2 installed. Phone was working great, except for the WiFi signal which was horrendous and the radio(modem) which had a very unstable signal as well (2 to 4 to 3 to 5 lines, like changing 2-3 times in a 10 seconds window). Phone calls seemed fine though.
2. The IMEI of the phone is 35xxx605xxx9700, which corresponds to a 32 GB D802 model (checked with various sites) - it says was bought from Orange Romania.
3. I wanted to get rid of that strange WIFI and radio signal, so I thought to first update the phone to Lollipop (I was stupid, no serious research), which wasn't available as OTA. So I forced that through a .kdz flash, but for D802. Big mistake, because after that my touch screen started to behave heretical (touching a zone on the screen activates another area of it). Basically, you can't do anything with the phone because it activates anything else BUT the zone you really touch.
4. After further messing up with some different .kdz, I got it to an unknown baseband, imei, modem and firmware state. The phone was still functional, except for the touch problem. Also seen in device manager as G2, download mode working etc.
6. After that I did some serious research, opened my phone only to discover that it appears to be a D801 refurbished into a D802 - which I didn't know, of course. I panicked a little and started to gather some more info about the state of my phone.
pics with inside of my phone
http://imgur.com/UpvutC2,5VFJWBl,xIwm9fI,QJL5LFD,canpIk0,n6cEVfo,nYqcGd0#0
7. Got on a long discussion with someone that appeared to know what he talks about, which provided me further directions for recovering my phone. I followed those thoroughly, and also checked with other sites that also gave the method of hex-modifying .tot flashing.
8. So I did as follows:
- Got the LGFlashTool for flashing .tot, LGD801_20130811_LGFLASHv160.dll, LGUP_8974.dll and overwritten MegaLock.dll in the LGFlashTool folder, as the instructions said.
- Got an HEX editor to modify the BIN_LGD801AT-01-V10c-310-260-AUG-13-2013+0.tot. I changed D801 to D802, as instructed
http://imgur.com/6zskOFl
- I loaded both the hex modified .tot and the LGD801_20130811_LGFLASHv160.dll. The LGFlashTool presented me the below error:
http://imgur.com/bynL9XT
- Next, I did load the other .dll, LGUP_8974.dll, like it was written on the instructions (verified this with 3 sites)
- After that, the flashing started, but after the phone booted (93%), I got this error:
http://imgur.com/Hdhxeaq
After a few more tens of seconds, tons of drives started to appear in My Computer, asking me to format each of them. I canceled all, power cycled my phone, and now I have a non-working download mode (it enters download mode but the phone isn't seen by the computer, nor is it seen by adb and fastboot) and a neverending pink boot logo :p
Any really expert advice is greatly welcome. I also consider giving a small donation for the one that helps me fix it.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's a bit concerning as it should have worked as mentioned if the board is truly a D801. The "tons of drives" showing up is qhsusb_bulk 9006 mode. It should show up similar to that in device manager. If not, you may have lost it. Are the drives (actually the phone's partitions) still showing up when you plug into the PC?
No, no drives, not even in hidden devices. They showed up after the (failed?) flash, like you saw in that picture, but after i rebooted both the phone and the computer, the computer doesn't detect the phone anymore. The phone enters what looks like download mode, but given the fact that it is not seen in device manager/ports, I don't think that really works. I also tried to reflash .tot, but the arrow for starting the flash process is grayed out.
So my solution is shorting the capacitors now or is the phone beyond repair?
L.E. It doesn't enter download mode, it only gets to the 5 blue dots and stucks there, doesn't make it to the next screen, which is the download mode.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Call it what you will but the fact is, your next step is shorting the motherboard. After that, you'll get one of two modes:

1.) Qhsusb_bulk 9006 (classic bulk mode where you can use SRK tool)

Or..

2.) QDLoader 9008

If you get the latter, there is a different fix. The SRK tool will not work for that. You will want to install the Qualcomm USB drivers so the mode of recognition will be more descriptive when you plug it in to see if you got 9006 or 9008.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones