1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Daily Routine-like App

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by SnowSoul, Jul 28, 2013.

1. SnowSoul

SnowSoul Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2013
    Hey, I switched from an iPhone to an Android the day before yesterday. Already, I love it! That being said, there was one thing I really, really loved about the iPhone that I can't find a replacement for on the Android: Daily Routine. As a college student I love it because it helps me stay better organized on what I need to do when, etc. One of the great benefits that I found with it was, I could organize each day of the week and that could go as far out as I needed. It would sound an alarm when I need to do something else, it was great.

I've been searching through and using GTDs, planners, calendar apps, etc., but have been unable to come across one like it. So, my question is, does anyone know a comparable app to that?
    Thanks a lot.

Advertisement

2. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2012
    Male
    California
    Google Now.

Use Google calendar - free with your Google account that you signed in to your new Android device. Put all of your appointments, reminders etc there. It would probably be easiest to do that on a computer.

Then, when it is time to leave for an appointment, Google Now will alert you. If there is traffic, it will alert you to leave earlier, etc.

If you are going to rely on it, I would play with Google Now a little before you put it into full use.

To get to Google Now, hold the home button for about one full second, then you will see an arc at the bottom of the screen with the Google logo. Slide up and you will see Google Now. At the bottom click on the settings button and adjust the settings as you see fit.

Google Now is really powerful in that you can see topics you search for on a computer. It will pull package tacking info in from your email. It will show you boarding passes and gate information for flights. It will remind you about appointments and tell you when you should leave. Show you local places of interest. Weather. Stock quotes. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

3. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert
    None

Jan 27, 2011
    Hi and welcome to Android forums. You came to the right place for help. Just let us know what you need and we will try and help you out as best we can

With that being said, any Calendar app can do what you need. I use the stock calendar app on my SGS4 that ties to my gmail calendar. (Works very well.) I have around 9 different calendars, under my one gmail acct. It allows me to keep events sperate, but organized at the same time. The calendar app will display all your calendar events in one place. Since your a student, you can create a calendar for each one of your classes and set individual reminders for each event. If you have multiple devices, you can have it to sync with each device and receive notifications of each event.

I have a calendar for work, personal, kids medical, kids school, church, wife's personal, bills, etc. (You get the idea.) Each calendar can have its own color as well. (Creating new calendars has to be done thru gmail calendar on a computer though.) Once you do that, you can use any mobile device to add events to that calendar.

4. SnowSoul

SnowSoul Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2013
    Awesome, thanks a lot, gtbarry and itsall good. Those will definitely help a lot. I started poking around google calender more and found what I was looking for. I'll start messing around with that and use it. Thanks a lot!