• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Daily voice RC?!

Snake X

Android Expert
Aug 20, 2011
I got a text message saying my boost mobile account has been under $5 and I figured something must be wrong. I didn't use any 3g data, make any phone calls, send any texts during the past 2 days yet my account activity page says this:

12/27/2011 02:00AM Daily Voice RC $2.00 $4.00
12/26/2011 02:12AM Daily Voice RC $2.00 $6.00

I have been asleep at 2 AM.. Thanks boost.

I contacted customer support but I herd they were very manipulative based on several people so I thought you guys might be able to shine some light on this. I thought the daily unlimited plan (the on im on) only charged you 2 dollars a day only *for the days you use it* and if you don't use your phone (in which I didn't) they shouldn't charge me. :mad:

edit: Oh and get this, I even set my phone in *airplane mode* the night of the 26th to be SURE I wouldn't be "using" anything. I was clearly wrong :/

I got a text message saying my boost mobile account has been under $5 and I figured something must be wrong. I didn't use any 3g data, make any phone calls, send any texts during the past 2 days yet my account activity page says this:

I contacted customer support but I herd they were very manipulative based on several people so I thought you guys might be able to shine some light on this. I thought the daily unlimited plan (the on im on) only charged you 2 dollars a day only *for the days you use it* and if you don't use your phone (in which I didn't) they shouldn't charge me. :mad:

edit: Oh and get this, I even set my phone in *airplane mode* the night of the 26th to be SURE I wouldn't be "using" anything. I was clearly wrong :/
What kind of plan do you have? Is it a daily plan? I would recommend the monthly unlimited. They will rape you with a daily plan. Okay I looked into this and the daily unlimited plan is 2 dollars a day. Whether you use it or not its 2 a day. 2am just happens to be the time they charge you the 2 dollars. You might as well use the heck out of it.

Upvote 0
What kind of plan do you have? Is it a daily plan? I would recommend the monthly unlimited. They will rape you with a daily plan.

I don't have the funds for the monthly unlimited. 17 years old without a job m8 (please dont tell me to get one, kinda hard for me to do atm). And how to they exactly rape me with a daily plan?

Upvote 0

The reason is because you're on daily unlimited, turn your ringer off before you sleep: problem solved.

Upvote 0
so its not just on the days your using it? D: I didn't know that

Yea. On Boost's Android Daily Unlimited Plan it is $2.00/day whether you use your phone or not. On this plan they will bill/charge your acct balance at 12:00 midnight.

The Android and Blackberry plans they offer, whether Daily Unlimited or Monthly Unlimited, are not like the Pay As You Go plans for "dumb' phones(ie: iDen and I believe the CDMA X series) where you only pay for the days you use it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones