• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Damage Control...problem, searched the forums, PLZ help!

Naz927

Apr 23, 2010
Just flashed to the latest DC tonight, and was very satisfied with IMO the overall speed oncrease over any of the 2.1 roms ive used so far, but NO apps will dl from the market at all! All of my protected apps show up, but whenever i try to download any of those or any other app for that matter it always says download was not successful, please try again later? This is very frustrating, if somebody could please help me it would be GREATLY appreciated! Also, sorry for the typing issues, I've been at work all day.

I've wiped and reflashed I think two times now I have no idea what is wrong be never had this problem with any custom roms before its really pissing me off has noone else had this problem

I came from the RUU myself and mine works fine, but I went back to 2.06 release. Try 2.06 and see is that works. Oh, did you Wipe before the install?

Upvote 0
I gave up on this rom altogether....never synced my contacts properly. flashed Fresh 2.0d and everything is working. Hint...use Titanium back-up. The paid version allows you to restore all market apps (market doctor) and all other apps, as well as your desktop. Do a full backup (batch)...including system data. Flash new rom. Do the (batch) restore of all apps plus data ..and then selectively restore system data..including your desktop...voila..really easy and don't have to re-configure everything. Yay!!!

Upvote 0
Ok, so the problem is not w/DC at all, but with my Google account. My old account is corrupted or something, so I had to make an all new google account and viola, everything works fine now, but I can't get my paid apps back now!!!! Also, could someone redirect or tell me how to get rid of the bloatware sprint put on the phone in DC?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones