1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Damaged sd card... Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chevyman1, Aug 1, 2013.

1. chevyman1

chevyman1 Newbie

I am running ftw annihilation rom and my sd card says blank or unsupported.. I have tried many sd card recovery programs on my computer it won't recognize the sd card. When I go to my computer and click the sd drive (e:) it says please insert disk.. It used to read for about an hour after a restart but now it won't even do that. Is there maybe a app that can make it mount or a way to make the computer recognize it long enough to copy the files to another.. It's a 32gb SanDisk.. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. oamilcar

oamilcar Android Enthusiast

Sd cards are just like hard drives they tend to get bad after so long so... ill recommend you to reformat sd card and go from there if that doesn't help then is time for a new sd card. Files on sd card? If @ this point you haven't been able to mount your sd, then I am afraid to tell you that everything there is lost. sry :(

3. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

Sounds like it is reaching its EOL. If you are using a standard SD adapter to use it in the PC you could try cleaning the contacts. Other than that it may be a lost cause..

4. chevyman1

chevyman1 Newbie

I got it to read long enough to copy the files.. Now I copied them to my new card and all the videos pics music etc is on the card but in my gallery or my music app they arent showing up and my apps that I installed on the sd card aren't working.. What could be the problem there?

5. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

Well for the apps I would just re-download them. for music, were they songs purchased from Google or just copied to the phone originally? Check to make sure they copied properly.

6. chevyman1

chevyman1 Newbie

I figured it out.. There was a file on the sd card that was named nomedia and I deleted it and all the pictures videos and music went where it was supposed to.. The apps I had backups for no big deal. That really is the weirdest thing I seen. I could get to the files through the file explorer but not the gallery... Idk