• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Damageless ROM?!

open contacts and then hit the menu key and it asks you what groups (google,facebook,facebook with phone nums.) and you can check the ones you want..unless theres something weird with damageless im on flips 2.1v2 and that worked for me

They don't show up on the people shortcut. When I go to make a phone call or text, every friend from facebook shows up.

Upvote 0
haha man got me i never noticed that...although i use gesture search...you should try it...its super accurate and quick to look people up

I only send texts to a half dozen people, and type in their name to select the contact...eliminates the need to scroll through and find the right one, but probably takes a bit longer with that many contacts loaded...we shall see lol

Upvote 0
I will most likely be posting my first 2.1 modded ROM later tonight. It will be based off the damageless rom. www.chocmatic.net

Preview:

cap2010031112341.jpg

Upvote 0
im a fan of your mods..we have similiar style and wants...question have you tested battery life with yours yet i see alotta mixed reviews on battery life with this rom i have the radio update so i dunno if that may factor into it....Look foward tto flashing

I have only had it installed for a couple hours...so far it seems fine.

Upvote 0
Okay, I'm going to read more about this ROM on the xda site, but I'm going to ask a quick (read lazy lol) question here. I see everyone mention "radio". I assume this is an app (or utility) to boost radio strength, correct? If so, is this required when going to a 2.x rom like damageless and fresh 2.0? Or is it more an added bonus?

The radio update is an update to the software that runs your signal. It's not required for anything, but it's supposed to help signal and battery life. I can't say anything about battery life, as I haven't had bad battery life in the past anyway, but it didn't help my signal one bit

Upvote 0
I understand it's the phone signal. What I'm asking is if I have to flash it if I flash damageless? To put it another way, does damageless (or fresh 2.0) not have the phone signal built in? When I flashed fresh 1.1, I never had to worry about the radio (phone signal).

your question was answered..no its just a update you can apply if you want.

you can use the roms with out it...

Upvote 0
So yea, I love the new ROM version....DamageControl 1.0

Extremely fast, and with a few extra goodies!! Did anyone see that he is now on to making his second ROM!!!!!! Not version two, but a whole new ROM :)

Can't wait to see that one....lol.

....and it looks like Darchstar has a new one out called "DarchLegend" if anyone tries this one out, let me know how it compares to DamageControl.

Upvote 0
has anyone looked at the secretmodem apk that has been included with alot of these new 2.1 roms that are coming out...theres a pretty big speculation thread over at xda..but just wondering if anyone had some insight on that....people seem to think its a password trojan thus causeing that weird google sign in thing upon reboot...i dunno its got me wondering..and thinking i would rather be safe than sorry might have to go back aloyisis

Upvote 0
has anyone looked at the secretmodem apk that has been included with a lot of these new 2.1 roms that are coming out...there's a pretty big speculation thread over at xda..but just wondering if anyone had some insight on that....people seem to think its a password trojan thus causing that weird Google sign in thing upon reboot...i dunno its got me wondering..and thinking i would rather be safe than sorry might have to go back aloyisis

Well, I'm running Fresh 2.0b still and after searching through my phone, I don't have the secretcontrolmodem.apk anywhere in my file structure.
I did run damage's ROM for a bit so, should that apk be a password trojan, i have opted to change my Google password heh.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones