1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Damn my OCD.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kaleb Randleaxe, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Kaleb Randleaxe

Kaleb Randleaxe Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 19, 2010
    Lifeguard / Lab Technician
    Michigan
    So, I recently flashed to Hateraid 1.5. It came with GO Launcher, so I figured hell, might as well try it out. Well, as it turns out, I really, really like it. And I really, really like Hateraid 1.5 as a whole.

The problems comes in when I like my colors to match globally across my phone.

Hateraid has red icons in the notification bar for system items (Wi-fi, 3G, battery, etc). This is kind of... actually, REALLY gaudy in my opinion, and doesn't match with anything else on my phone. It really sticks out like a sore thumb.

On top of that, the messaging widget for GO SMS has a blue header, which makes it even worse (image attached).

So, my questions are:

1) Can you change the notification bar COMPLETELY without changing to a whole other ROM? For example, could I take the notification bar from a theme not built for Hateraid and use it with Hateraid?

a) If not, is there a way I can just change the individual icons manually?

2) Are there skins for the GO SMS messaging widget? I looked around but couldn't find any. I'd rather be able to change it to a medium gray instead of the blue.

a) If not, can I alter it own manually?

Thanks in advance for any help. It's much appreciated.

Attached Files:

• derd.jpg
      derd.jpg
      File size:
      247.4 KB
      Views:

Advertisement

2. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    student
    Planet Earth
    Kaleb, I moved your question to the root forums since what you're requesting deals with ROMs. To answer your questions:

1. Yes, you sure can. These lie in framework-res.apk and some in systemUI.apk. both of these lie in /system/framework on your phone. You can swap png's between the gingerblur version and haitraid.

2. Not sure of any skins but again you can change it yourself. It's controlled by a png more than likely.

3. Kaleb Randleaxe

None

Mar 19, 2010
    Michigan
    Fair enough on the move. I should have made it there originally, it was just a bone-headed oversight on my part.

And thanks for the help! I figured that's how it would work. I'll do some exploring and try and set things straight. :)

4. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    student
    Planet Earth
    ha no biggie, we all do it sometimes.

I would start by pulling those files I mentioned and open them in 7zip so you can view it without unarchiving it.

5. Kaleb Randleaxe

None

Mar 19, 2010
    Michigan
    Yep, that's what I'm currently working on. I have a couple of other ROMs and I'm picking and choosing which icons I want to take from which. I'm pretty experienced with the whole root scene, but for some reason, I never bothered to explore this possibility. Lol

6. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    student
    Planet Earth
    this is where it gets really fun! But it can be frustrating with the amount of time spent on this.

7. Kaleb Randleaxe

None

Mar 19, 2010
    Michigan
    Bah, I have no issues spending a bit of time getting my phone exactly how I want it. It's the piece of technology I spend most of my time with, and I paid enough for it (and pay for the service monthly), so I might as well get it right. :p

Again, thanks for the help! I'll just post in here again should I have any more questions. I appreciate it :)