• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Damn you AT&T!

natrixgli

Oct 30, 2009
Ok, so I have had my Droid X since launch day, and save for a few minor annoyances, I have been mostly happy with it.

So today I decided to call up and pull the plug on 'ole AT&T who I've been with since 2005. I have never had problems with AT&T, but just kind of got bored with iPhones which I've been rocking since 2007.

Well AT&T was having none of that. So now they've offered to discount my plan $17/mo, add 100 extra minutes per month, and 250 extra texts per month.

With my company discount, Verizon works out to be $2 cheaper than AT&T. However with this new discount AT&T is offering, it's now $15/mo more expensive!

As much as I love the DX, that offer is very hard to pass up, especially since I have equally good service with both carriers.

Sound off here, folks: What would you do?

-n8

the real question is, how much cheaper is sprint?

In my area, sprint has better reception than AT&T (4 year customer, so many drop calls), family plan was $40 less per month and the EVO 4g rocks.

Well Sprint is $79.99/mo for a comparable plan. I do get 14% off through my employer but that's still about $68.79/mo vs. $59.99/mo with AT&T. Sprint is decent here, but their shortcomings seem on par with AT&T, plus I don't care for the Evo, it's screen lacks color depth which makes stuff look kinda cheezy on it.

-n8

Upvote 0
If you want to go back being an Apple fanboy, do it. Being happy with your phone and your service is all that really matters. Some people are just not cut out for the Android world. Visa-versa too. Keep in mind, you're going to be stuck with your decision for the next 2 years. $15.00 a month or $360 for two years is very affordable to me.

Upvote 0
That's very helpful.

FYI: I have an unlimited data plan already with AT&T so I get to keep it. Same with VZ if they go tiered, I reckon.

-n8

so......... if $15 makes the difference in night and day, then stay with att.

if you want something that isn't the iphone, then get droid X.

I have the original droid. Its fun to use, and I would the imagine the Droid X would be that much better....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones