• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dan says .. WIMAX is for sprint (NOT?)

What is more interesting is the T-mobile connection and where that is going. If Sprint gobbles up T-Mobile, it will be a huge event, and create a lot of questions about the future of the company, CDMA, GSM, Wimax and LTE.
Tmobile has no real plans to build out lte and uses at&t frequencies for some of it voice and data.

I will pull up the exact data tomorrow, it is 10pm and I am still at work, going to go home.

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
hmmm

these are some I've heard...

T-Sprint (don't like)

Sprint-T (don't like)

S-Mobile (maybe)

SprinT (maybe)

SprinT-Mobile (maybe)

Sprint Mobile (I like)

STC, (Sprint T-Mobile, Clear) (might grow on me)

Litespeed, (too much reference to LTE)

WiLte (this one made me laugh, combines both Wimax and Lte but actually says why LTE ) lol

Probably best to just leave it as Sprint or Sprint Mobile

TS out

Upvote 0
hmmm

these are some I've heard...

T-Sprint (don't like)

Sprint-T (don't like)

S-Mobile (maybe)

SprinT (maybe)

SprinT-Mobile (maybe)

Sprint Mobile (I like)

STC, (Sprint T-Mobile, Clear) (might grow on me)

Litespeed, (too much reference to LTE)

WiLte (this one made me laugh, combines both Wimax and Lte but actually says why LTE ) lol

Probably best to just leave it as Sprint or Sprint Mobile

TS out

Sprint's name does not evoke fond thoughts for many. It is amazing what a bad rep Sprint has. It is mind boggling actually. They would be best served to change their name as did Verizon.

Upvote 0
Sprint's name does not evoke fond thoughts for many. It is amazing what a bad rep Sprint has. It is mind boggling actually. They would be best served to change their name as did Verizon.

All cellular carriers get a bad rap. They all suck. Not a single one has a good rep as far as I am concerned. Go to any dedicated carrier forum and the list of people that whine like little girls is huge. People that like to bitch also like the sound of their own voice.

It would be a waste of money for Sprint to bother rebranding as something new.

Upvote 0
All cellular carriers get a bad rap. They all suck. Not a single one has a good rep as far as I am concerned. Go to any dedicated carrier forum and the list of people that whine like little girls is huge. People that like to bitch also like the sound of their own voice.

It would be a waste of money for Sprint to bother re-branding as something new.

Forums are forums. Verizon has the most loyal customer base in the wireless industry. You can not compare Sprint to Verizon from a customer perspective. Changing their name certainly didn't hurt Verizon. How many even remember their name was Bell Atlantic?

Reactions: Tempusfugit
Upvote 0
Forums are forums. Verizon has the most loyal customer base in the wireless industry. You can not compare Sprint to Verizon from a customer perspective. Changing their name certainly didn't hurt Verizon. How many even remember their name was Bell Atlantic?

The name Verizon is the offspring of Bell Atlantic and GTE, and zero to do with customer retention, and predates the name Verizon Wireless by some 17 years.

If Sprint were to merge with T-mobile, it might make sense to create a new corporate identity, but to just shift gears and waste millions, if not billions of dollars, with no assurance that it will result in more subs...

Sprint would be better off using that money to expand coverage, get Apple to create the first 4G iPhone, and make the Evo2 the android phone to have for the next 12 months.

Upvote 0
As long as a merger with T-Mobile would mean IMPROVED calling/network service, I'm all for it. I also hope that would mean that it would remain the most affordable of all the wireless providers.

As for names, since it would be a combination of Sprint, Nextel, and T-Mobile, why not...

SExT-Mobile...HAHAHAHA

In all seriousness, I'd imagine that if the merger went down, they'd want to create a "new" image as a "new" provider, so I can imagine a whole different name alltogether (just like when AT&T became Cingular Wireless).

Reactions: twospirits
Upvote 0
Sprint should cut Clear loose, or buy them outright and fire all the idiots that run that company.

Clear is an awful organization to deal with, and rarely delivers the service they advertise.

While Wimax is viable, Clear is not. They have never turned a profit because they suck.

Clear is one of the worst companies in have ever dealt with, by far. But they are needed. Clear is the central controller for wimax. Was suppose to only wholesale the spectrum. It added customers to test out the build cheaply. They just screwed up the managing of the system.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones