• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DANGER: Horror Story - Dog in Hospital - Droid Destroyed

Let me paint a picture for you:

I live on the 2nd floor. I have a lovely dog that enjoys to play. He is a 10month old German Shepard puppy. My phone was laying on my desk upstairs and I was downstairs getting a drink. (Just took a break from playing COD MW2 for XBOX360. As I was opening up the fridge to get a nice cold peach snapple, I hear my phone ring. I have a nice techno ring tone... or should I say had. My puppy was upstairs at the time and I didn't think anything of it. I heard the phone ring for about 15 seconds until It stopped. I just thought the person hung up. So I grab a cup with ice and head back upstairs. I turn the corner into my room and I see my puppy chomping on my phone. I look at him and started yelling.. he was laying down "playing" with it. He picks it up in his mouth and pees a little. I start to run towards him to get it. I can see that its destroyed before I even grab it. He ran with it, I chased him. He runs out of the room, I follow, he runs back in. I close the door behind me and just as I thought that I had him cornered, he jumps out of the 2nd floor window with the phone. He fell off the roof and landed on the driveway. He broke 1 rib and his front left leg. The phone is destroyed and my puppy almost died.

Just kidding, I love this phone!

I believed it all until the jumping out the window bit. Never heard of a dog jumping out of a window of a house. I did have a dog jump out of a car window one time after a squirrel.

Happened to my cousins dog in a high-rise in Philly. The apt had windows that were very low to the floor (less than a foot), and the dog was chasing a ball at full speed that it had knocked towards the cracked open window. Needless to say, said dog went splat. Sad, but her new dog is cooler.

Upvote 0
Oh man. As soon as I read that the dog jumped out the window I was like :eek:

Yea you need to learn to discipline your dog so it doesn't think it can get away with this.

Yell at him for chomping on your phone?

Uh, smack him upside his head with a hard object and see how many times he "chomps" on your things. Dog's don't know english so whatever you were yelling I'm sure he could not translate it like your droid can.

:p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones