1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Dark camera on third-party apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jorben, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Jorben

Jorben Lurker
    None

Oct 15, 2017
    Male
    hello everyone

I have already this problem for over a year. I got the Acer Z630S. The normal camera is "fine" but the camera on third party softwares like messenger/snapchat etc is darker. Especially when there is less light in the room you will barely see anything, while in the normal camera it's "ok".
    It annoys me if i want a picture of something because you can't see anything, its to dark. There is something, but like no face recognition.

Can someone help me?

Greetings

Advertisement

2. Jorben

Jorben Lurker
    None

Oct 15, 2017
    Male
    Can nobody help me?

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Could be a bug or issue in the firmware. And very probably only people who could fix that are Acer. Might be worth contacting them and enquiring.

Jorben likes this.
  4. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Jul 25, 2012
    Drafter
    Why not just take s photo with your stock camera and upload it to the super cool social media site of your choice? Why do you have to take a photo through the app software?

Jorben likes this.
  5. Jorben

Jorben Lurker
    None

Oct 15, 2017
    Male
    Thanks for the answers. I contaced acer suport and they said: "in 72h we will contact". Its now more then 100 hour ago, and it is still status: unsolved....
    I hope it is a bug and they can solve it, @Brian, well it is much easier if you just take the app. For instance on snapchat, you will text a message instead of story to the person if u do it from normal camera.

6. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Jul 25, 2012
    Drafter
    Oh, okay. I'm not really on any of those social medias. I think that's pretty normal with any 3rd party camera app. It not being as good as the stock camera, I mean.

I know that with the new pixel 2, it's supposed to have a dedicated soc for the camera, which supposedly will make any 3rd party app work as good as the stock camera. That's the word anyway. If it's true, hopefully it'll be something that more devices will start using in the future.

As for your situation, all I can suggest is use the stock camera and upload to social media or use the social media app and make sure you're in good lighting and get the best shot you can get.

7. Jorben

Jorben Lurker
    None

Oct 15, 2017
    Male
    So, my other phones from 1-4 years ago, not had this problem. They worked normally (maybe not the exact quality then the normal camera app) but not as bad as the light now. I think it's a bug or a mistake in the phone itself. Yet, Android & Acer doesn't answer so it can not be solved....