• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dark Edge Released

7:35 here and still waiting for this "Pete" character to finish. Who does he think he is? ;)

Was just looking over at droidforums and it seems that pete is gonna focus on getting v1.1 of his ROM out before taking on the port of this theme as its gonna b harder than he thought. I agree with this cause I'd rather have the newer ROM first, but You never know though... maybe we will get both released at the same time... Pete's a beast:)

Upvote 0
I cant seem to get the Dark Edge working from ROM Manager.. it just keeps gettin stuck on boot loop.. very nice boot animation.. still.. this is now my 3rd wipe and still gettin the same boot loop.. back to BB v1 and waiting for the theme for that instead..lol =D

i am running bobs updated 1.2 now and it runs great. the only way i could get it to work was to install cyanogen 5.0.6.2 then do a install of bobs DE 1.2 over it with no wipe. it worked great. i also suggest the P3droid kernels as it help to keep it cool and my phone atleast runs faster with them.

Upvote 0
I cant seem to get the Dark Edge working from ROM Manager.. it just keeps gettin stuck on boot loop.. very nice boot animation.. still.. this is now my 3rd wipe and still gettin the same boot loop.. back to BB v1 and waiting for the theme for that instead..lol =D

Yeah, I get the same thing. I saw tom108's response but honestly...I'm not installing one ROM and then loading another ROM on top of it to get a theme to work. All you are left with is a ROM you really didn't want (and may not run well) that looks good.

My opinion...wait for Pete to port it. If for whatever reason Pete doesn't get it ported (or just not timely enough for you), I'm sure in no time, more and more ROMs will be available this theme. If you jump through a bunch of hoops to install it, by the time you get it all set up, there will be a better alternative to have it up and running.

And if you are dead set on this ROM now, people say that the install instructions will work with CM 5.0.6.2...I'd try it, but I don't want to leave NexBeast. :D

Upvote 0
Was just looking over at droidforums and it seems that pete is gonna focus on getting v1.1 of his ROM out before taking on the port of this theme as its gonna b harder than he thought. I agree with this cause I'd rather have the newer ROM first, but You never know though... maybe we will get both released at the same time... Pete's a beast:)

Pete posted more info here: Pete -- he's actually asked if someone else can work on porting themes, including DE. The Bugless Beast FAQ was rescued and is now posted at this site, as well.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I get the same thing. I saw tom108's response but honestly...I'm not installing one ROM and then loading another ROM on top of it to get a theme to work. All you are left with is a ROM you really didn't want (and may not run well) that looks good.

My opinion...wait for Pete to port it. If for whatever reason Pete doesn't get it ported (or just not timely enough for you), I'm sure in no time, more and more ROMs will be available this theme. If you jump through a bunch of hoops to install it, by the time you get it all set up, there will be a better alternative to have it up and running.

And if you are dead set on this ROM now, people say that the install instructions will work with CM 5.0.6.2...I'd try it, but I don't want to leave NexBeast. :D

I totally agree with you. It will happen and when Pete has it all done it will rock but until then nexbeast rocks. Themes look good and all but I am looking for stable and speed.:cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones