• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dark Edge Released

actually bobs rom installs fine from a wipe and it is based off of ESE81. it seems to run really nice.

Perhaps it's been updated but as of last night (10 pm ish) the version that was available through ROM Manager was a huge fail. I have the same procedure for any ROM on I get from ROM manager. I downloaded it, and then instead of installing directly from there, I booted into recover so that I could format data, system, cache and boot partitions (twice). I then installed the Steam ROM from the downloaded location and everything looked good. It went through the entire boot sequence (about 1-2 minutes) and then the boot animation looked as though it was going to start over...it would play the first 5 seconds of the boot animation and then restart. I left it for about 5 minutes just to make sure I wasn't jumping the gun...and it never worked. I pulled the battery and tried to let it boot again...same thing.

Edit: The second time I tried the theme...I installed it over NexBeast. I used ROM manager, chose to wipe data, and the exact same problem occurred.

Upvote 0
Perhaps it's been updated but as of last night (10 pm ish) the version that was available through ROM Manager was a huge fail. I have the same procedure for any ROM on I get from ROM manager. I downloaded it, and then instead of installing directly from there, I booted into recover so that I could format data, system, cache and boot partitions (twice). I then installed the Steam ROM from the downloaded location and everything looked good. It went through the entire boot sequence (about 1-2 minutes) and then the boot animation looked as though it was going to start over...it would play the first 5 seconds of the boot animation and then restart. I left it for about 5 minutes just to make sure I wasn't jumping the gun...and it never worked. I pulled the battery and tried to let it boot again...same thing.

Edit: The second time I tried the theme...I installed it over NexBeast. I used ROM manager, chose to wipe data, and the exact same problem occurred.

i know the theme has had some weird issues for some people. i actually went back to a stock CM rom and got rid of the theme, too many small issues. maybe when pete puts out a rom with it i will try it again but until then it was just fun to play with for a while.

Upvote 0

Same exact thing here. :cool:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I found the Beautiful Widgets skin.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/xeudoxus/43628-release-darkedge-ui.html

Scroll down to
*DE-Apps v1.1 *GOLD/DEFAULT*(For ESE81 and CM ONLY) *UPDATED 5/11/10 7:00pm CST*

And download it.

Download it, Extract it. Inside the folder is something called Beautiful Widgets SD or something of that sort. The skin is inside that folder. Simply just drag that folder into your SD card or you can do the whole function on your Droid using just ASTRO. Next thing I need to do is get more icons :D

Also after your done theming, you guys might want to zipalign the apks. It seems the theme installs over some of the programs, replacing them with some non zip-aligned apks.

And yes, the initial boot was OD long, but now its a lot better.

Reactions: Caveman419
Upvote 0
I found the Beautiful Widgets skin.

http://www.xeudoxus.com/DarkEdge/downloads/DarkEdge-ESE81-Apps.zip

Download it, Extract it. Inside the folder is something called Beautiful Widgets SD or something of that sort. The skin is inside that folder. Simply just drag that folder into your SD card or you can do the whole function on your Droid using just ASTRO. Next thing I need to do is get more icons :D

Also after your done theming, you guys might want to zipalign the apks. It seems the theme installs over some of the programs, replacing them with some non zip-aligned apks.

And yes, the initial boot was OD long, but now its a lot better.

If you come across some more icons, please share. I could use one for Handcent SMS and Twitter.

Upvote 0
I went black, but had to go back :(

In Navigation there are several screens I came across that have white drop down screens with text, ie "starred items" and the text is white as well. I couldn't use nav, so it's uninstalled.

As P mentioned, it works well over the BB V1

yeah i found several text color issues and i also grew tired of the scan lines. it was nice for a bit but i since returned to an un-themed CM 5.0.6.2 with and i am loving it all over again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones