• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"DARK SHADOWS"...Lockscreen

Hey all, Friday recieved my pre-order AT&T unit, and this morning I realized when selecting a dark or black wallpaper for the Lockscreen there is a rather pronounced light bleed thru. So black isn't really black,and the bleed thru of course isn't uniform so it looks like of shadowy?? Now on the Homescreen black is black and everything looks great. It's just the lockscreen.....dude really....seriously! Or do I have a defective unit??:thinking: Can someone give it a go and let me know. TIA

Steve

Hey all, Friday recieved my pre-order AT&T unit, and this morning I realized when selecting a dark or black wallpaper for the Lockscreen there is a rather pronounced light bleed thru. So black isn't really black,and the bleed thru of course isn't uniform so it looks like of shadowy?? Now on the Homescreen black is black and everything looks great. It's just the lockscreen.....dude really....seriously! Or do I have a defective unit??:thinking: Can someone give it a go and let me know. TIA

Steve

It's fine, it's the water effect. You can turn it off in settings > lock screen > lock screen options.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones