1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root dark tremor error..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RunVert, Apr 30, 2011.

1. RunVert

RunVert Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 28, 2011
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Using dark tremor for a short while, and all is good. But as of this morning when in terminal, I type a2sd check...and there is an error message checked off.
    "problem detected. dark tremor apps2sd may not have ran during boot. cannot read a2sd.mountpoint."

I tried rebooting, and still same error message.

..any ideas to a fix?

Advertisement

2. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    There are quite a few things we can check. First, how do you have a2sd configured? Are you actually using it to move all apps to the sdcard? If so, do you have access to all your apps? Before going into too much troubleshooting, let's just start with these two things:

1) From the terminal, run this:

a2sd check > /sdcard/a2sd_check.out

That will create a file called a2sd_check.out on the sdcard. Copy that file to your computer, and attach it here. That way, I can see the exact error.

2) Make sure you have a recent nandroid backup, then run this command:

a2sd repair

Let's see what that does. If it doesn't do anything, we can go on to some more troubleshooting.

3. RunVert

None

Jan 28, 2011
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    I entered that into terminal and it created a file on my sd. however I cant attach the file. it says invalid file type, when I try to attach it to this message.

4. RunVert

None

Jan 28, 2011
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    ok---I copied and pasted it in after opening it up on my cpu..

[ ] GREP: Using ROM Busybox. [!] REBOOT: Using Darktremor Busybox. [ ] FDISK: Using ROM Busybox. [ ] CAT: Using ROM Busybox. [ ] MKDIR: Using ROM Busybox. [ ] RMDIR: Using ROM Busybox. [ ] CHMOD: Using ROM Busybox. [ ] MOUNT: Using ROM Busybox. [ ] UMOUNT: Using ROM Busybox. [ ] CP: Using ROM Busybox. [ ] RM: Using ROM Busybox. [ ] MV: Using ROM Busybox. [ ] LN: Using ROM Busybox. [ ] MORE: Using ROM Busybox. [ ] MKNOD: Using ROM Busybox. [ ] AWK: Using ROM Busybox. [ ] SLEEP: Using ROM Busybox. [ ] SYNC: Using ROM Busybox. [ ] TEE: Using ROM Busybox. __ _____ | \ | | | | |__/ | Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.3 Beta 4a (2011-01-30) [-] Checkpoint 1: Check for SD Card Fix and Implement. [-] Checkpoint 2: Run Dalvik Heap Program (if exists). [-] Checkpoint 3: Run Set Low Memory Killer Program (if exists). [-] Checkpoint 4: Determine Mount Point. [-] Checkpoint 5: Set Parameter Variables. [ ] GetProp Command = /system/bin/toolbox getprop [ ] SetProp Command = /system/bin/toolbox setprop [ ] Mount Point = /sd-ext [-] Checkpoint 6: Insert CyanogenMod patch. [-] Checkpoint 7: Complete Dalvik Cache Move (if applicable). [-] Checkpoint 8: Resetting Dalvik Cache Partition [-] Checkpoint 9: Switching Davlik Cache to Cache Partition (if applicable) [-] Checkpoint 10: Checking for existence of command parameter [-] Checkpoint 11: Check for a2sd help command [-] Checkpoint 12: Check for a2sd check command [ ] Starting Apps2SD Check Program. Darktremor 2.7.5.3 Beta 4a Apps2SD Status Report =================================================================================== Legend: [

5. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    Sorry, my fault. The forum won't allow you to upload files with unrecognized extensions. Just rename it to have a .txt extension instead, then it will let you upload it. I'll be able to read it in the right format if you can just upload it. The problem is that unix-like systems and windows have different newline characters. Lookup newline in wikipedia or something, and you'll see what I mean. That's why you're always told not to write scripts for Android in notepad. The newline characters that Linux can't understand screws it up.

6. RunVert

None

Jan 28, 2011
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    ok...I think it attached as a .txt doc.

Attached Files:

7. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    Do you have your sdcard partitioned? How are you actually using a2sd?

8. RunVert

None

Jan 28, 2011
    Fort Collins, Colorado
  9. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    You followed the part in the instructions about partitioning your card, then you flashed a2sd? Did your apps move to the sdcard at any point? They would have automatically when you flashed a2sd, unless you already had it before partitioning the card. In which case, you'd need to have run a2sd reinstall from the terminal. In any case, do you have all of your apps right now? If so, they were never on the card, and I can't really tell you if it was ever set up correctly or not. Have you ever run a2sd command before?

10. RunVert

None

Jan 28, 2011
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    yes, partitioned card and then flashed a2sd.

I have run a2sd reinstall in terminal and I get 3 X'ed boxes:

1) No a2sd.swap environment variable found
    2) Problem detected: darktremor apps2sd may not have ran during boot. Cannot read a2sd.mountpoint.
    3) SD card not mounted.

...thanks for your help! Its getting late..lol..... I will sleep on this tonight and see if I can figure it out in the morning! thanks again aka!

11. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    Okay, so do you have access to your apps right now or not? That will help in figuring out if it was ever working correctly. Also, can you access your sdcard? You have two partitions; I'm talking about the main one where you keep your files.

12. Jorinde123

Jorinde123 Lurker
    None

Feb 9, 2012
    I have the exact same problem as RunVert on my HTC ChaCha, exept the error "No A2SD.swap environment variable found".

So I also tried the a2sd reinstall command, I got the errors "Darktremor Apps2SD may not have ran during boot. Cannot read a2sd.mountpoint" and "SD Card not mounted".

I didn't have any Apps installed before trying to use A2SD. The apps I installed afterwards, for example Whatsapp (not movable, and a biiiiig storageconsumer for HTC's 150MB) and ES File Explorer (which is movable, and I did) are both working.

Help pleeaase? :)

edit: Oh and I can acces my SD card.

13. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp

Try to redownload dt. Then wipe dalvic and cache. Then reflash dt.

Tags: