• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DarkEdge Theme by REALigion and Xeudoxus

thebarbrr

Nov 13, 2009
Also call Dark Minimalism, Has been realeased to people that have donated...a screenshot is below, it is over at A-l-l-d-r-o-i-d-.-c-o-m without the dashes ppl. Show these two guys some love and donate to recieve the theme..they have worked on it for a while and it looks great

I couldn't wait for this theme but now that I'm looking at it...it REALLY needs a good minimalist icon pack. It just doesn't look right with the normal icons next to the power bar for example. I think the stock icons take away from the theme. Problem is that you would need a rather in depth icon pack that incorporated all of the system apps as well and all of the very & even moderately popular downloaded apps IMO.

Upvote 0
I couldn't wait for this theme but now that I'm looking at it...it REALLY needs a good minimalist icon pack. It just doesn't look right with the normal icons next to the power bar for example. I think the stock icons take away from the theme. Problem is that you would need a rather in depth icon pack that incorporated all of the system apps as well and all of the very & even moderately popular downloaded apps IMO.

Yea the preview mockups he made of it looked awesome because EVERYTHING was uniform... but yea w/ out the icons and some other things, it just looks like any other theme. It has the potential so I will keep my eye on it, and hopefully it will develop into something great

Upvote 0

There's a few pics over at droidforums.net
here's one in particular that shows icons

I don't think anyone is supposed to be posting these images, sounds like Ugg is a beta tester and Real basically said he doesn't want anyone discussing the beta publicly.
But I'm not in the beta, so it's just another resource for me. :D

Upvote 0
I hope when they release it for Cyan and 2.1 they don't charge for it as they would be incredibly lame, and not because I don't wanna pay 5 bucks or whatever but it's the whole idea that people are becoming greedier and greedier everyday in the Droid scene.

But the theme is insanely sick.

It dose seem that way when they tell you to atleast pay 5 bucks. I mean there are Rom Managers that do twice what a theme dose and only cost a little over 3 bucks. Plus I am alot more willing to donate when Im not forced too.

Upvote 0
There's a few pics over at droidforums.net
here's one in particular that shows icons

I don't think anyone is supposed to be posting these images, sounds like Ugg is a beta tester and Real basically said he doesn't want anyone discussing the beta publicly.
But I'm not in the beta, so it's just another resource for me. :D

Okay, seeing the theme with themed icons looks a hell of a lot better!

Upvote 0
Okay, seeing the theme with themed icons looks a hell of a lot better!

Hopefully they provide the base psd's or some type of image file so that we can take the base icon graphics to any other icon we want, as when we have the way, we just need the will.

I haven't had the will yet to match my most used icons to any theme's icon packs, but I just haven't stabilized what is kept on my home screens yet.

I do want to get into that and I'll probably apply them to a lot of my most used icons, maybe even fool around with some of the 1x1 widgets if I figure those out. I have a lot of control widgets that personally, how they look doesn't matter to me, but with this theme, I'll definitely want what's on my home screen to flow with the theme. In the launcher window? Won't care, and most of my apps are there. The pesky widgets like Beautiful Vibrate, Moto Torch, and even SetCPU... I have them on one screen and I hate the overall feel of that screen. :D
Especially with themed icons in the dock of the Cyanogen Mod Launcher2.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, just here to clarify a few things

1) There is an icon pack, actually two coming out. (one is already out)
2) The theme pack creators will be releasing their PSDs as well as taking requests from users on what icons to create
3) I'm fine with, and encourage, people to discuss the Beta as well as post screenshots of the theme
4) We will not be charging for the theme. The donation system was just to give people who were going to donate a reward for doing so. It wasn't to "pay for theme" but rather, a "reward for support".
5) 2.1 and Cyanogenmod versions are being worked on
6) A few testers have been working on a Helix Launcher skin
7) Thank you for the support!

Regards,
REALigion

Upvote 0
Hey guys, just here to clarify a few things

1) There is an icon pack, actually two coming out. (one is already out)
2) The theme pack creators will be releasing their PSDs as well as taking requests from users on what icons to create
3) I'm fine with, and encourage, people to discuss the Beta as well as post screenshots of the theme
4) We will not be charging for the theme. The donation system was just to give people who were going to donate a reward for doing so. It wasn't to "pay for theme" but rather, a "reward for support".
5) 2.1 and Cyanogenmod versions are being worked on
6) A few testers have been working on a Helix Launcher skin
7) Thank you for the support!

Regards,
REALigion

Thanks for the info over here on the "other" forum. I for one have been following this theme's progress at AD and can't wait to try out a CM version. Thanks for all the work that I'm sure has gone into it! Hopefully people who enjoy the theme will donate a few bucks in appreciation as I'm sure I will.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones