• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Darksiders 3, pc crazy or just taking the piss?

Shotgun84

Extreme Android User
May 30, 2011
Cambridgeshire, England
I'll start by saying that I've actually enjoyed playing games with female leads so feminist stand down as I'm not being sexist. I've loved every Tomb Raider since the PS1, I loved Horizon Zero Dawn and I've played female leads on many RPG. But this one is a big no for me. Despite the fact I loved the first two I'm not going near this pc bull. You can't just change things to appeal to a bigger (oh wait it's probably smaller now) ordinance. Really not arguing but the clue's in the name "Horsemen of the Apocalypse"

Really not arguing but the clue's in the name "Horsemen of the Apocalypse"

I've not played the game, so I don't have an opinion either way. However, it's worth pointing out that you're taking a very 21st century interpretation of the phrase. In English, a gramatically-masculine noun is traditionally used as the generic term, without implying biological gender. Gramatical gender in English is all a little confused. Our language evolved from languages which do use it (look at French/German, who would disagree as to whether a table was masculine or femanine), but we lost most gramatical gender apart from a few niche cases.

It is only very recently that people have been moving towards gender neutral terms. When the phrase four housemen was coined, it would not have implied their biological gender.

Although, all that said, there are countless versions and reinterpretations of the story, as it evolves over time. So there's no such thing as a canonical version anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've not played any of them... but if it makes you feel insecure in your masculinity you're probably right not to play it.

And right on cue someone brings masculinity into it. As I already said I have no problem playing lead female roles. To me it just seems that nobody can actually be bothered to write any decent new female roles (thank you Guerrilla for the exception). Instead they'd rather just take something that was successful and stick a female in there instead of the usual male. All I'm saying is that I'm up for some originality instead of just rehashing something because it saves time and effort and still gets you pc points.

Upvote 0
And right on cue someone brings masculinity into it. As I already said I have no problem playing lead female roles. To me it just seems that nobody can actually be bothered to write any decent new female roles (thank you Guerrilla for the exception). Instead they'd rather just take something that was successful and stick a female in there instead of the usual male. All I'm saying is that I'm up for some originality instead of just rehashing something because it saves time and effort and still gets you pc points.

So.. you want originality by doing the same thing again... and not using a new character because they are of the wrong gender....

As i said.. if the game upsets your sensibilities, or you have gender issues with it don't play it... its easy... and theirs no need for you to get upset.

Reactions: Milo Willamson
Upvote 0
So.. you want originality by doing the same thing again... and not using a new character because they are of the wrong gender....

As i said.. if the game upsets your sensibilities, or you have gender issues with it don't play it... its easy... and theirs no need for you to get upset.

No you didn't say that and how's writing a completely new character (ie originality) doing the same thing again? It's the complete opposite of what everyone's doing. You still seem to be fixated on right and wrong gender. To me it just seems like laziness by the devs just to keep people happy instead of showings some originality. And don't worry if I don't like the premise of a game I won't play it.

Upvote 0

No you didn't say that

Yes I did... there you go....

I've not played any of them... but if it makes you feel insecure in your masculinity you're probably right not to play it.

Seriously... the idea of them putting a woman in this game seems to have put you in a tizzy..... If you don't like the idea, there really is no need for you to get all angry about it... all you need to do is not play it. Adding the Furies to the Horsemen mythology seems a reasonable thing to do... especially as its all made up.. and the Horsemen aren't used in a canonical manner in the first place.

Upvote 0
Yes I did... there you go....

Seriously... the idea of them putting a woman in this game seems to have put you in a tizzy..... If you don't like the idea, there really is no need for you to get all angry about it... all you need to do is not play it. Adding the Furies to the Horsemen mythology seems a reasonable thing to do... especially as its all made up.. and the Horsemen aren't used in a canonical manner in the first place.

Still completely missing the point I see. So I've grasped that you're all up for equal rights. Who isn't? Nordic must've had a meeting about what to do with their next game. Could've created a new character in a new game but like the majority of media they took the easy root and just made a slight change to what they already had. Seriously how's that equal. If you're happy holding onto someone's coattails then fair be it. Honestly I'm not in a tizzy as I've just saved myself £50

Upvote 0
Uh Darkstalkers really over sexalized everyone in the game, hell even fire.
A ball of fire named Pyro, it is sexed up to the max.. I am not familiar with these so called "Horsemen" or are they "elephant men?" Who really knows, that script was really lost in translation, the dead sea scrolls are just a waste of anyone's own time.

OOOPS Siders, stupid brain thought it was Dark STALKERS. :O

Upvote 0
Does this whatever it is game come from China or Japan perchance? Maybe something was lost in translation from its native language to English?
Does this whatever it is game come from China or Japan perchance? Maybe something was lost in translation from its native language to English?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darksiders

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Uh Darkstalkers really over sexalized everyone in the game, hell even fire.
A ball of fire named Pyro, it is sexed up to the max.. I am not familiar with these so called "Horsemen" or are they "elephant men?" Who really knows, that script was really lost in translation, the dead sea scrolls are just a waste of anyone's own time.

OOOPS Siders, stupid brain thought it was Dark STALKERS. :O

Out of curiosity since you mentioned dark stalkers and then posted a link to Darksiders. What's dark stalkers then?

Reactions: Milo Willamson
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones