• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Darktremor A2SD for Prevail [Updated 5-7-12]

You have to have hroark's clockworkmod port flashed first so make sure you visit that thread if you haven't already
Once that is done, come back here, download the zip from the first post of this thread, copy it to your sd card, boot into recovery by holding vol up+power, install zip and reboot system.
The first post of each thread is really all you need unless you run into a problem. Reading other peoples problems too early just makes you nervous unnecessarily. :)

you might want to update your CWM links, and not advise people to look for it in that thread

fwiw there's also a link in the guide, but the powers that be don't like me spamming in other people's threads so i'll let you decide how to handle that

wish i could be of more help, sorry

Upvote 0
Clockwork is not on the clockwork thread? How inconvenient. Looks like cwm is harder to find these days. My vacation was too long. I missed some things. Working my way back across the country. But the rest of my post stands. Easy install once that's done. No swap and whatever ext size you want when partition sd card option asks you.

Upvote 0
For the novice that needs a easy way to install this.

1. DOWNLOAD EE14 ROOTED VERSION WITH CWM AND HROARKERNEL
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UZ0N3OMZ
2. Shabbymod 0.9 Loaded
http://goo.gl/Isk4x
3. Bloodawn's theme 3.1 - Ofcourse you may use any theme you like.
http://www.mediafire.com/?qp033o4r92kb5lo
4. inigomontoyasr's Darktremor A2SD
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FWR4FSOY

I guess I had the right ingredients up to having themes. Once I installed Darktremor A2SD all was up and working with much room to spare on the phone. Yay! lol

I love this place.

Upvote 0
Simple. Question here. I don't want to read the entire thread to see if the answer is here because I will get more confused and not even try to download this.

I am currently using link2sd. Do I just down load this and use it or do I have to move all my Apps to the phone and uninstall the link2sd firstm

I would uninstall Link2sd which will place all your apps back to the internal memory and then try Darktremor. Your gonna love this.

Upvote 0
I would uninstall Link2sd which will place all your apps back to the internal memory and then try Darktremor. Your gonna love this.

Just an FYI for anyone going from link2sd to A2SD. When I uninstalled the link2sd the apps stayed on the sd card. So I reinstalled it and used it to move all apps back to the phone, then I unistalled it again. Not sure if it makes any differance at all but I figure you want them all on the phone before starting the A2SD just to minimize any hiccups

I have A2SD on my sd card I just need to go to CWM and complete the install when i get a chance later today

Upvote 0
Just an FYI for anyone going from link2sd to A2SD. When I uninstalled the link2sd the apps stayed on the sd card. So I reinstalled it and used it to move all apps back to the phone, then I unistalled it again. Not sure if it makes any differance at all but I figure you want them all on the phone before starting the A2SD just to minimize any hiccups

I have A2SD on my sd card I just need to go to CWM and complete the install when i get a chance later today

OK I did it. I just hate messing with my phone at work as I really need it while im here and I dont want no problems if something messes up. The install was a succes and I also put my dalvik cache on the sd card IT BROUGHT MY PROGRAM STORAGE DOWN TO 19MB!!!! nice...

One very wierd thing happened though me ES file explorer just completly dissapered and I had to go back to the Market and install it, I tought that was really strange but it was no biggie at all.

I recommend to anyone, its a great tool

Upvote 0
I can't seem to find a straight answer on the web or in the forum. gb rooted, cwm5, ctmod 2.0. getting ready to re-install a2sd...

But what is better for the sd-ext for use with a2sd

ext2, ext3, ext4?

I use ext4 exclusively in linux on my 'puters, and i know the benefits there.

but I can't seem to find good information when it comes to sd cards, and I am curious, as there seems to be some discussion earlier in this thread, but inconclusive.

Seems there is a lot of debate depending on size, class, etc., and as tech matures (better, faster sd cards), what is the current opinion

Pony 8gb class 10 is what I have

Opinions or details anyone?

Upvote 0
I can't seem to find a straight answer on the web or in the forum. gb rooted, cwm5, ctmod 2.0. getting ready to re-install a2sd...

But what is better for the sd-ext for use with a2sd

ext2, ext3, ext4?

I use ext4 exclusively in linux on my 'puters, and i know the benefits there.

but I can't seem to find good information when it comes to sd cards, and I am curious, as there seems to be some discussion earlier in this thread, but inconclusive.

Seems there is a lot of debate depending on size, class, etc., and as tech matures (better, faster sd cards), what is the current opinion

Pony 8gb class 10 is what I have

Opinions or details anyone?
mostly what you will find is opinion, we have been using ext4 for the sdext for realitivly short time its working great for us though.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I followed the instructions to get dt_a2sd_prevail.zip installed. It installs fine (at least there are no errors when installing it) but when the phone reboots there are still missing components under /system/bin. eg: as2sd check --> seg fault can't open /system/bin/launcha2sd.

My phone (prevail) has just been upgrade to GB (2.3.5) kernel 2.6.35.7.

I currently have 34MB free in the internal storage. The phone is rooted and CWM is also there....

Any idea on what could be wrong?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
how much space is on your /system partition? you'll need a minimum 8MB free to install. the stock gb rom doesn't allow for that

some things to try

1 remove bloatware from /system/app (at least maps and books, they can be re-downloaded from market)
2 reinstall a2sd but mount system and data in cwm before installing zip
3 install koumakernel for init.d and ext4 support
4 give up

just kidding
these steps should fix you up.

if not or if you want a known working setup right now, back up what you want, download the following and use odin to flash all three tars.

Prevail Gingerbread Rooted by shabby with ClockworkMod5 by hroark, Koumakernel by koumajutsu, and Darktremor's A2SD by inigo.

Upvote 0
how much space is on your /system partition? you'll need a minimum 8MB free to install. the stock gb rom doesn't allow for that

some things to try

1 remove bloatware from /system/app (at least maps and books, they can be re-downloaded from market)
2 reinstall a2sd but mount system and data in cwm before installing zip
3 install koumakernel for init.d and ext4 support
4 give up

just kidding
these steps should fix you up.

if not or if you want a known working setup right now, back up what you want, download the following and use odin to flash all three tars.

Prevail Gingerbread Rooted by shabby with ClockworkMod5 by hroark, Koumakernel by koumajutsu, and Darktremor's A2SD by inigo.

Removing bloatware in /system/app did the trick. I was looking at the overall internal storage rather than /system/app specific. :eek:

Thank you,
Marcello

Upvote 0
Hello. First of all I want to say thanks for your amazing work with dta2sd. I have been running it successfully for about a month and I love it. Today though, I decided to use chin checkas odin image cwm5, root and gingerbread all in one. I then flashed bloods ctmod2.1. This is where my issue starts. I was able to install dta2sd, but the settings 1st showed my apps on sd free memory was very low (it was formated with cwm @ 1024mb and it was showing 89mb). My free cache seemed to be used at the same rate as my sd storage. I then tried it again and my sd storage was the right size, but I was showing 0mb (0mb free) for my cache.

I have a feeling it might have something to do with when I go to mount system/ data. It shows cache as mounted. When I first did dta2sd a mounth ago I don't think cache was shown as being mounted, but now it is. Could this have something to do with my goofed up #'s? I have been at this for hours and I am out of ideas. Sorry if some of this sounds like gibberish as I need to get some sleep. Thanks for any info.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones