1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support DAS Scales application performance issues...hardware or software?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jon80, Jan 8, 2015.

1. jon80

jon80 On Probation
    None

Nov 5, 2013
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Malta, Europe
    I have downloaded an application from Google Play that is named DASS on my tablet device and this is a survey (series of questions) where a pop-up appears to choose an answer out of a selection of a few multiple choice items.

The problem is that performance is slow within the application as tapping does not (always) select the choice that I selected, and, the device seems to require a performance boost (e.g. memory/processor upgrade) - although I still have not found a technical manual for this particular model.

A small popup indicates "Viruses detected" asking me to choose "Scan now", and, this seems like the usual web marketing for anti-virus software, and, nevertheless the security of applications downloaded through Google Play is thus hoped to follow good standards of security thus excluding the possibility of viruses being written in Android applications, although through experience we understand that no software application is "issue free".

The application URL is available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.radiantmonkeysoftware.dass, and, to this day I cannot run it on another computer, so as to identify whether the application is missing some event-driven logic (i.e. execute code on tap), or whether the screen is damaged for some reason.

The photo was taken using a Nokia C3, since the tablet device is so slow and unusable that I am unable to take further action.

Device information
    MODEL Number: A13-MID
    Android version: 4.0.4
    Baseband version: 1.5
    Kernel version: 3.0.8+

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Mostly retired
    Kansas City, Mo.
    I'm not clear about exactly what you're saying, but it seems that possibly antivirus scanning is slowing your device to a crawl. Do you have any antivirus installed? If so uninstall it. It's not needed.

You might try installing Addons Detector. It might find what is causing the "Virus detected" pop-ups.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.denper.addonsdetector

#2 Crashdamage, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    codesplice and Unforgiven like this.
  3. jon80

jon80 On Probation
    None

Nov 5, 2013
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Malta, Europe