• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DasBamf 2.0.1 - No signal?

Fadelight

Android Expert
Oct 29, 2009
Mulberry, FL
I haven't been sleeping much lately, so I'm sure it will end up being something incredibly stupid that I should've been able to figure out on my own... But anyway...

I tried installing DasBamf 2.0.1 this morning and I have no signal with it. The thread about this ROM stated that a Gingerbread radio was required, so I installed that as well... I'm not sure what could be causing this. I switched back to DasBamf remix 1.7 and everything works perfectly on that ROM. Any ideas what I should be looking at?

Did you flash the GB radio through Rom Manager or recovery? It has to be done through recovery. (Only suggesting this because I tried flashing through RM the first time. :))

I don't usually correct things but this is too important not to fix. Recovery is clockwork recovery. I think you mean it has to be flashed via the bootloader.;)

Reactions: WormDoes
Upvote 0
I don't usually correct things but this is too important not to fix. Recovery is clockwork recovery. I think you mean it has to be flashed via the bootloader.;)

Yeah, it's probably just an oops but with flashing radios...not too bad of an oops to point out :)

BTW...Fadelight in the house! :D

It's been a while since I've seen you around back in the D1 days...how have you been? Not rockin the X anymore?

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's probably just an oops but with flashing radios...not too bad of an oops to point out :)

BTW...Fadelight in the house! :D

It's been a while since I've seen you around back in the D1 days...how have you been? Not rockin the X anymore?

UB!! lol I've been around... Just not overly active in posting over the past few months. I moved to Florida in November and the last few months have been crazy with the new job and all. I still have one of my 2 DX's. I talked to Phases about getting my Guide status back, but he doesn't seem interested. :(

Anyway...

Yes, I flashed the radio through the bootloader and it definitely flashed without error. And yes, it still works perfectly on DasBam 1.7, so Yes, I flashed the wrong friggin radio. :eek:

I grabbed the very first one from this page...

[RADIO] The Obligatory Thunderbolt Radio Thread - xda-developers

And reading through it... I have absolutely NO idea why I thought it was the MR2 radio. You would think I'd have learned already that I shouldn't work on my phone when I am sleep deprived... I had to SBF my DX 16 times because of that.

So I guess it's off to search for the MR2 radio I need so I can try again tonight.

Upvote 0
UB!! lol I've been around... Just not overly active in posting over the past few months. I moved to Florida in November and the last few months have been crazy with the new job and all. I still have one of my 2 DX's. I talked to Phases about getting my Guide status back, but he doesn't seem interested. :(

Anyway...

Yes, I flashed the radio through the bootloader and it definitely flashed without error. And yes, it still works perfectly on DasBam 1.7, so Yes, I flashed the wrong friggin radio. :eek:

I grabbed the very first one from this page...

[RADIO] The Obligatory Thunderbolt Radio Thread - xda-developers

And reading through it... I have absolutely NO idea why I thought it was the MR2 radio. You would think I'd have learned already that I shouldn't work on my phone when I am sleep deprived... I had to SBF my DX 16 times because of that.

So I guess it's off to search for the MR2 radio I need so I can try again tonight.

Well its good to see you here! 16 SBF flashes? Damn! :) But I'd be lying if I said most of my tweaking didn't take place in the early AM hours...makes it more difficult when you're nodding off while trying to update your phone.

I think this is what you are looking for http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1115714

That radio will work on the MR2 Froyo Builds or on any of the GB builds. I'm running that Radio on BAMF PR4 (which is a sense 3.0 GB ROM still kind of in the test phase).

And about the Guide thing, we just added a whole bunch of new Guides and Mods so that's probably why Phases isn't jumping on it right now (just my best guess).

Reactions: Fadelight
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones