• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DashClock Weather Extensions not Working on S5?

Mr Marcus

Apr 4, 2010
DC
Hi, all.

Recently upgraded from S4 to S5. Love the phone. Only problem is that NO weather extensions for DashClock seem to work (or even show up) on the S5.

I run the same setup as I did on my S4. Nova Launcher and DashClock. All weather extensions worked fine on the S4, but don't even show up on the S5. No error, no nothing. Like I don't even have it on there. It's not a specific weather extension, as I've tried 4, I believe. All other non-weather extensions function fine.

Anyone else had this problem? Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing?

Thanks

I am thinking that no one who uses the Dashclock on the S5 has seen this thread.

I just looked to see what "dashclocks" there are, and there are a bunch by different vendors.

Please give us a link to the exact Dashclock you have, and also to the exact Extensions you are using.

I personally don't have a need for a Dashclock, but I do use "The Weather Channel" app which is great.

It would seem to me that an app like that would be using a good bit of battery to stay updated.

Upvote 0
Right, figured no one who uses this combination has seen this yet, which is why I bumped it.

This is the DashClock that I use. I think what you're seeing is a lot of extensions by other vendors. As far as extensions, I've tried a bunch of weather ones, like this (which is what I used on my S4) and this and this. None of them are showing up. All other extensions work fine.

I use Accuweather, and DashClock links to that, polls weather from there, and opens that app when you tap the extension (or whichever weather extension and app you prefer). I am not concerned about battery usage, weather app vs weather app, or anything else outside of the fact that the weather extensions are not showing up.

Tks.

Upvote 0
Right, figured no one who uses this combination has seen this yet, which is why I bumped it.

This is the DashClock
I am going to say that it is NOT compatible with KitKat and that is why it is not working: I saw this right off when I looked at that link:
This app is compatible with some of your devices.
Which means, it will work with my 3 year old Galaxy S, but not the S5.

and that negates the extensions you are using.

Now, all of that said, I am on Verizon and I really like the OEM Dashclock which shows the weather on the top 1/3rd of the screen with a large clock. For me, that is good enough.

I downloaded your widget and it installed on my S5 and it worked just fine, and it brought up the Weather temp and location for where I am at.

I suggest you uninstall it, and try again.
What carrier are you on?

Upvote 0
It does work with the S5; like I said all extensions work fine otherwise. ALL of them... I had done all the uninstall/reinstall/power-off basic troubleshooting stuff already.

The only thing that I hadn't thought to try was turning off and back on my location services. So I just did that and it works fine now. Guess there was a glitch in the Matrix someplace. Put the location services right back to where they were and now it works fine. Weird, but I'll take it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones