1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Data Cable to get file

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hendrikbez, Jun 2, 2011.

1. hendrikbez

hendrikbez Newbie

I just want to know if it is possible to get or install a apk file or internet file to my phone using my phone (Data) cable, and not my data bundle on my phone, there is no blue tooth or wifi on this pc only internet.

I using the cable that can charge the phone, and copy file between pc and phone

2. seepage

seepage Android Enthusiast

Menu, Settings, Wireless and network, USB settings, mass storage.
    your phone will show up as a drive in windows.

3. hendrikbez

hendrikbez Newbie

Seepage, I did what you tell me, but when I want to install a application from market using the pc internet confection, it does not install on phone. I don't want to use mu use packet data, I want to use the pc internet to install applications on my phone.

4. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert

Unfortunately, what you are taking about is impossible. The only way for the phone to use the internet connection of a computer is through wifi, which you do not have. What you can do however is to obtain a copy of the apk file of the app you want. This is equivalent to an installation exe file on a pc. You cannot download apk files off the market, but there are "other" ways to do this.

Alternatively, just buy a usb wifi stick off amazon out ebay. Those things are dirt cheap.

5. Danzaroonie

Danzaroonie Newbie

Yup you can...if you have the .apk you can use droid explore to upload the package to the phone. just put the phone in USB debugging connect with cable and open droid explore. The goto tools> manage packages > install....job done.

6. seepage

seepage Android Enthusiast

Sorry I misunderstood your question.(As I often do) The files have to be on your computer or you must save them to your computer or phone for that to work.

7. JiMMaR

JiMMaR Android Enthusiast

you can get a wifi usb stick and make your computer into a hotspot sharing your ethernet connection

Samsung Galaxy S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews