• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Data connection drops

I recently bought my GNex at Verizon. I was informed by them there were issues with the phone dropping the data connection. I checked into this and saw that it had been fixed so I got the phone. However I'm having this issue, probably 4 or 5 times in the past week and a half. If I turn off data and then right back on it normally fixes it. Sometimes it takes a minute.

I didn't see anything about this in the known issues, which confuses me as I thought it was a known issue. Any help is appreciated.

I recently bought my GNex at Verizon. I was informed by them there were issues with the phone dropping the data connection. I checked into this and saw that it had been fixed so I got the phone. However I'm having this issue, probably 4 or 5 times in the past week and a half. If I turn off data and then right back on it normally fixes it. Sometimes it takes a minute.

I didn't see anything about this in the known issues, which confuses me as I thought it was a known issue. Any help is appreciated.

I am rooted and unlocked, and have flashed the radios from the limited OTA they pushed last week to a select few phones, and I must say it is improved. So hopefully very soon your problem will be fixed. Of course, you can head over to the All things root section and get it tonight, if you are willing to unlock and root your phone. ;)

And like Rich said, Welcome!

Upvote 0
Everyone has different definitions of "data connection lost".

I was having a problem where my signal said "3g" and I had 3/4 bars - but it would be grayed out and I couldn't transmit any data. I have tried everything and nothing worked - except a full power cycle.
Here is the link to my discussion on it: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/541319-vzw-mobile-data-wont-connect-randomly.html

I reset the phone last week and haven't noticed the issue yet - though I'm not in 3g too often (mostly wifi). Jury's still out...

The other issue though, is weak radio's. There are MANY times I am out with the wife and her Droid Incredible will have 3/4 bars and my GNEX will have 1. Obviously there are also times she is getting a small signal but I am getting NONE. This is simply due to weak radios and I hope a software upgrade will help (as indicated above).

Even on wifi....I drop the wifi signal when out in my yard. My wife's phone will hold the wifi signal from the same router much further. When mowing the grass, it sucks because I bounce between 3g and wifi with each pass. Makes streaming music impossible (unless I turn off wifi).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones