1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Data Connection Switching Bug?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tekonus, Feb 25, 2011.

1. tekonus

tekonus Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    So, I love my new Atrix. I do have one concern going forward with it, however. At home I am on wifi at all times, and at work depending where I am in the building I go back and forth between 2 different wifi networks. I notice when the phone goes back and forth between networks or goes from the cellular data connection to wifi or vice versa it seems to take much longer than any other phone I've had to attain a stable connection. Like for example if I come home from work, pop the phone on and it connects to my home wifi and then I go on the android market and search for something. It will search, but then stop loading suddenly as if it lost the connection. If I give it a good half a minute and close and re-open the market it will work fine again. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Advertisement

2. rpoosua

rpoosua Newbie
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    IT Network -Vsat/COMMO (Iraq/Afghanistan) - Contra
    What Wifi router are you using? Other thing is that I find it better to use N instead of G radio frequency. I also notice if you have older router like Netgear, which I got rid of and I'm using Apple Airport Extreme Wifi router. You might want to check and see if your SSID is not hidden. Hope this hel you out.:D

3. tekonus

tekonus Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    No, this doesn't help at all. I said in my post it doesn't matter which of 3 routers I am going between, it does the same thing. It also does it going from wifi to cellular data. Its definitely the phone... not all 3 routers lol.