1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Data connection very inconsistent; drops all the time

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dyst0pia, Apr 25, 2011.

1. dyst0pia

dyst0pia Lurker
    None

Feb 1, 2011
    I'm getting a very weird problem on my Nexus S on T-Mobile. My data connection will randomly die, and will continuously try to reconnect for the next several minutes to several hours before reacquiring the connection. The connection only lasts for about a megabyte of data before it dies again. Voice and texts are completely unaffected; it's just data that's having issues.

I'm pretty sure it's not the phone itself, but I was hoping someone here would have some more insight as to what can be done. I've already been to a T-Mobile store and changed my SIM card; no effect. I've also tried swapping SIMs with a working Nexus One; the N1 can't get data on my SIM either, and I can get data just fine with the N1's SIM. I'm fairly certain it's a problem on the network end, but T-Mobile has opened and subsequently closed two trouble tickets without any real resolution.

Any ideas at all? Has anyone seen anything like this before? Is there anything I can point T-Mobile towards to fix it, or do I just have to play "wait and see" like I've already done for the last 2 weeks?

Oh, and I have the radio logs from `adb logcat -b radio`, if that's useful in any way. They start at a point where I'm still transferring a file over EDGE. Problems start at line 56. I snipped the log at the end; the last line is basically identical to line 56 (and 92), and everything after that just keeps repeating.

radio log - Pastebin.com

Advertisement

Tags: