1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Data drops...a fix for me

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Stingrayracing, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Stingrayracing

Some of you may have already done this but it was new to me. In hopes of saving battery power I had gone into settings-battery and data manager-battery mode and checked the maximum battery saver. Not making the connection, I had data drops all the time while streaming anything. I would wake my phone and have no data. I had to go into airplane mode and out to get data back. I went back through the menu and checked the performance mode and all my data drops went away. No drops during streaming, gps works fast and great, and I am always on data when I wake the phone. I may lose a little battery juice in the long run (have not tested that yet) but my battery was pretty good before. I was getting almost 24 hrs on the standard battery.

Like I said, this may be yesterday's news but it may help someone.

itsalexaye, screaminss and tkong like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. amageus

amageus Android Enthusiast

By default the Bionic is set to Night Mode. Night mode turns off data from 22:00pm to 7:00am? and would automatically shut it off after 15 mins of inactivity on the phone. It was done to preserve the battery but instead made it a headache for everyone. For those experiencing data drops they should take a look at this setting first. If I recall prior to the 5.5.893 leak I was experiencing drops still after setting it to performance. Instead I switched it to custom and made set it to 0:00 - 0:01 so I would only get a drop for a min. Once the 5.5.893 leak rolled out I set it back to performance and never had issues with it then. Could of just been me though.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews