1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support data issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dylando808, Feb 21, 2011.

1. dylando808

dylando808 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 12, 2011
    Hawaii, USA
    hello all.
    i got my Inspire yesterday and i've been having issues with my mobile data connection. my house doesn't have the best connection but i've been able to access data anyway. with the inspire i cannot access data at all. when i check the mobile network settings i get a little message that says: "cannot connect to network due to failed APN settings" or something like that...

i'm beginning to think it is my data plan that if affecting my data usage.
    i bought this phone off contract and did not change my SIM card or my plan.
    i currently have a 3g SIM in the phone and my data plan is the 2GB data plan for smart phones.
    from what i've been reading people have been saying that 3G SIM cards would work in the phone but you need to just change your plan. so.. i tried changing my plan online to the 2GB data plan for HSPA+/4G phones but then a message comes up saying how that feature is not available for the device on the billing system...

phew.. so what i'm asking is do i have to go into the AT&T store and change my plan AND my SIM card in order to get my data working again??

Advertisement

2. bigtoysrock

bigtoysrock Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Welder
    Leander, TX
    Negitive! Call them and have them change the phone on the line, you will have to give them the imei# and then they or you can change the data to the 4g. You will not get data because of the plan not sim card.

3. kstruck

kstruck Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    Classified
    Colorado
    Go to the store if its close or call them. I had the same problem buying my phone from Costco and a quick stop at the store and my issue was fixed in 5 minutes. Store may be quicker and you can confirm that you stay on your current plan. For me it was the legacy unlimited plan. Sometimes when you call them they f it up and you won't even know until you check or get your bill.

4. dylando808

None

Feb 12, 2011
    Hawaii, USA
    okay thanks guys. i will most likely be calling them because i don't have an AT&T store where i live (on an island :p )

5. dylando808

None

Feb 12, 2011
    Hawaii, USA
    Update: called customer service. changed my plan to DataPro for HSPA+/4G Smartphones. and data works like a charm now. :D

6. Watty18

Watty18 Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    I have a buddy that works at an AT&T store, and apparently there are issues when you go from an iPhone to Android with the plans converting. I don't know what you had before, but if anyone else reads this, ask about it if you get the Inspire, or any android for that matter.