• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data limit setting?

kanezfan

Jul 5, 2012
I have a GS3 and there's a setting in it that I can set to turn off my data so as to not go over a limit. I have unlimited data so thankfully I don't have to use it, however... I got both my parents a ONE X as presents and they do not have unlimited data, I got them set up with a 300mb a month plan. I doubt they will use it up but just in case, is there a similar setting in the ONE X that I can set to disable mobile data if they ever hit that 300mb mark? I'm paying the bill lol

Thanks!

I got them set up with a 300mb a month plan. I doubt they will use it up but just in case, is there a similar setting in the ONE X that I can set to disable mobile data if they ever hit that 300mb mark?
Thanks!

I have been on a 200MB plan for 2 years now with a Dell Streak and have never gone over, BUT, you have to be careful. The big issue is automatic updates and apps that continuously stream data.

I am on a home wifi 99% of the time and I kept my 3G turned off all the time except when I really wanted to use it. I averaged about 100MB a month.

You might be better off with the new data shared plan that starts at 1G.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones