1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Data not working for anyone else?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by starstress, Jul 3, 2011.

1. starstress

starstress Android Enthusiast
    None

Its not the normal data problem but now I dont have the 1x icon at all and datas not working. I was using wifi and when I turned it off and this happened.

Ive already rebooted phone and nothing. Ima go to sleep and see if its cool in the am but just wanted to see if i was the only one having this problem

Advertisement

2. atl809

atl809 Member
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    SFL
    happened to me also in in South FL. We just had a data outage this past week!

3. starstress

starstress Android Enthusiast
    None

yeah, its good now

4. jnut187

jnut187 Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    florida
    it is still not working for me i am in central florida an t has been out on me all day today think it will be back up tomorrow?

5. calz-

calz- Newbie
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    Art
    Texas
    For some reason its been like that with me for like 3 days, in fort worth,tx

6. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Android Expert
    None

Metro can't seem to get Florida right. I constantly see people complaining about the service there on their Facebook wall.

7. jnut187

jnut187 Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    florida
    well i think something is wrong with my phone it doesnt want to stay on cdma auto (prl) in the *#*#4636#*#* menu its kind of aggravateing i cat seem to download pictures anymore or send pics but i got the 1x in the top of my screen (when i manually change it to cdma auto (prl))

8. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Android Expert
    None

Where did you learn to even mess with that setting? This is the first I've seen it. You should only be using the Settings Menu to change how your phone connects.

When the data for Metro goes out, there's nothing that can be done about it, whether you have the 1x or not. The phone only has to receive a signal that the data server is turned on to display the symbol. Whether or not you can download and upload is not shown on the phone until your apps give you network errors.

Ask other Metro users in your area if they have data. If they do, you may have to go to the store and have them look at it. Just make sure you back up anything before you go, as they will probably factory reset the phone.

Tags: