• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Data or APK back up

Which backup app is that, specifically? You can backup both the app and data, but it's never advised to blindly restore app apps and data if you're switching ROMs. Restore app data only when you absolutely need it. For examples, if you have game scores, restore app data for that app, but don't restore data for an app that has nothing important you want to save. You'll avoid conflicts that way.

Upvote 0
Can you backup all apps/media/data....etc at the same time using Titanium Backup? or do you have go one by one down the list? MyBackup Root allows you to select "all" and it automatically selects all your media, apps...etc and backs it all up in one click.
Also, what are the advantages of the paid version over the free version of titanium backup?...
I might switch over.

Upvote 0
Yes, you can backup all system data, apps, and app data in one shot. Basically, you have various "batch" jobs, which allow you to backup and restore certain things in groups. The paid version will allow you to restore without having to interact with the phone. Otherwise you have to select the batch restore job, then hit install for each one. To be honest, though, I never recommend restoring everything like that. As I've said, just restore only what you need, one at a time. When you restore with TB, you have the option to restore just the app or the app and it's data. I don't know if MyBackup Root has that option, but it would make sense if it did. Also, you can freeze apps (such as bloatware) with the paid version of Titanium Backup. You have nothing to lose by trying out both, and seeing what you like best.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones