• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

data or list manager?

kronhead

Jun 10, 2010
Anyone seen a general list or data manager app for Android? Not looking for a to-do list or task list - but a general list manager where I can define my own tables and fields, edit data, filter, sort, etc. Syncing to a PC app would be great, but I don't really expect that.

If anyone has used Listpro fom Ilium Software, on Palm or Win Mobile - that's what I am looking to replace.

I may end up using Excel spreadsheets with Documents to Go from Dataviz - and some general sync tool for PC to phone data sharing - but Listpro was so good, I'll miss it!

Dan
HTC EVO

I got a lot of info by searching for android and listpro - just people looking for a replacement. To be honest, when I was trying to decide on a new platform to replace my Treo, I NEVER imagined this would be the toughest application to replace. Application type, I mean - we had several choices on Palm: Listpro, Handbase - I am sure there are others I am not thinking of ...

I wonder if there is an iPhone replacement for these products? With PC sync ...

The other thing about Palm is that they provided a structure for syncing: conduits. So you did one sync, and all your syncing apps were driven by that. I am finding that 1) each application has to develop their own sync architecture, which has got to add to the complexity, and 2) you may have to do multiple sync processes. I am using CompanionLink to sync Outlook to my phone, and it has a sync, and SplashID has its own sync process. MarkSpace does outlook syncing (sort of) and a lot more - but I don't think its the kind of architecture that other vendors would or could use ...

All I can do is sigh, and wish for the good old days of Palm, and wonder: what happened?? :)

Dan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones