• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Data Outage North NJ?

Guess I should read here before taking drastic measures... Ended up reflashing thinking I screwed something up. Oh well. In jax,FL as well... Been down for me since like 6pm.

When I call, they always say they appreciate me choosing MetroPCS.... If this keeps up, I'm switching to straighttalk. I have a Samsung captivate waiting for me...

Unless there's recommendations on other prepaid cell providers....

Upvote 0
Guess I should read here before taking drastic measures... Ended up reflashing thinking I screwed something up. Oh well. In jax,FL as well... Been down for me since like 6pm.

When I call, they always say they appreciate me choosing MetroPCS.... If this keeps up, I'm switching to straighttalk. I have a Samsung captivate waiting for me...

Unless there's recommendations on other prepaid cell providers....

Lmbo did that the 1st time!!

Yeah well they must not appreciate us all that much, it seems to be an issue on non stock phones. Don't know if this coveres rooted only or any modification.

Wife has an admire as well and she is picking up 3G just fine.

Not on just non-stock phones. Both my parents phones are stock. And actually the one that's rooted and debloated is the once with connection. Yet the other two phones(Samsung Admires) are,well were, Data less..

I'm thinking its a primary phone issue. Meaning the 1st line opened.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Lmbo did that the 1st time!! ]

I'm thinking its a primary phone issue. Meaning the 1st line opened.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

Or first line with 3G data atleast. My daughter technically has the first line in the bundle if phones, but.hers is not a smart phone.

On the positive note, did the battery soft reset, pulling the battery for a few minutes, and I have service back. Suggest this for everyone.

Thx on the suggestion from SamsungAdmire on the All things Root side for this one

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones