1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Data Plan problems

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Dragid10, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Dragid10

Dragid10 Lurker

Alright so im trying to get a tmobile comet or g1 off of craiglist. But i found out you can't use the g1 without a data plan. but i dont have a data plan. and i dont plan on getting one at all. i just want to use wifi. So how do i get thru the phone without having a data plan. i Just want a nice android phone without a data plan. But i want wifi. So hoe do i do this. And please explain to me how to do this for both phones cuz i dont want a useless phone.

p.s i am on tmobile i have the sim and everytinh i jus needa kno how to get past startup without data plan and how to set up wifi. im not on any current data plan
    p.s.s i kinda needa this soon. thx in advance

Actually let me kinda rephrase this question.... Ok so if i get a used tmobile andriod phone from craiglist and the person that had it previously had a data plan and didnt reset the phone in any way possible..... And i put my sim card in: 1.will i still be able to use the phone then connect to wifi?
    2.will they charge me because the previous owner was on a data plan and i am not
    3. Will i be able to send mms on the phone (g1, comet, and mytouch)

If i cannot get past the account sing in screen how do i get past the screen without having to pay a dime?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download