• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data Plan problems

Dragid10

Lurker
Sep 12, 2011
Alright so im trying to get a tmobile comet or g1 off of craiglist. But i found out you can't use the g1 without a data plan. but i dont have a data plan. and i dont plan on getting one at all. i just want to use wifi. So how do i get thru the phone without having a data plan. i Just want a nice android phone without a data plan. But i want wifi. So hoe do i do this. And please explain to me how to do this for both phones cuz i dont want a useless phone.

p.s i am on tmobile i have the sim and everytinh i jus needa kno how to get past startup without data plan and how to set up wifi. im not on any current data plan
p.s.s i kinda needa this soon. thx in advance

Actually let me kinda rephrase this question.... Ok so if i get a used tmobile andriod phone from craiglist and the person that had it previously had a data plan and didnt reset the phone in any way possible..... And i put my sim card in: 1.will i still be able to use the phone then connect to wifi?
2.will they charge me because the previous owner was on a data plan and i am not
3. Will i be able to send mms on the phone (g1, comet, and mytouch)

If i cannot get past the account sing in screen how do i get past the screen without having to pay a dime?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones