1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Data problems with any rom other than current.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Twitchh, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Twitchh

Twitchh Active Member

Aug 3, 2010
    I have a hero and I currently have it rooted and am using CM6 nightly #150. I decided to switch roms (as i have done countless times in the past) to MIUI and couldn't get the data to work. I updated the radios and tried different kernals with no success. I restored my backup and it works fine. Then I tried flashing to CM6.1 RC1 with the SNAPturbo kernal and still cannot get data. It appears any rom other than the one currently running cannot get a good data connection.

Any ideas? Any help?

I'm at a loss.

Advertisement

2. goodboy

goodboy Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Wrong forum, brah.

And in reference to your dilemma, have you asked this same question on cyanongenmod forums? Or ran the SpeedTest app to test your connection?

I presume you mean Wifi, right?

3. Twitchh

Twitchh Active Member

Aug 3, 2010
    I wasn't quite sure where to put this as it seems ROM dependant.

WiFi works perfectly fine. 3G data seems to work ok when browsing the web but I can't seem to connect to Google services (market, gmail...etc) unless I'm using Wifi.

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    that appears to be a google issue that has been hit or miss for a few weeks now.

aside from that there are a number of users having 3g issues as well.

check out the multiple threads about it in the support and trouble shooting forum

5. FestoKGB

FestoKGB Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    I found a solution to the market downloads issue that has been working well for me. It's over at android central:
    Fix for Market apps not downloading or installing (image warning) - Android Forums

That might help part of your issue. Not sure about the gmail login problems. I have heard that there have been Sprint outages in various places around the country recently. Perhaps that's affecting you as well.

6. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Male
    Sprint had data issues the past few days. No need to panic or blame the ROM you're using.

Tags: