1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Data Recovery For Soft-Bricked OnePlus 5T

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hexivoid, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Hexivoid

Hexivoid Lurker

I'm really anxious and nervous about this so I'll simplify this as much as I can; recently my phone was turned on on top of my desk and randomly restarted. I thought little of it, as it quickly went through the OnePlus logo (it began to take longer the second time I restarted it) and Android splash screen, but then stopped on the circles animation and remained looping there. I have very important data on it that I'd like to recover and WILL NOT factory reset (flash) my phone.

The battery icon and percentage still show up when I plug in the device. I still have access to Recovery Mode, Fastboot, and Sideload through their key shortcuts. I previously had USB Debugging enabled but can't authorize ADB since I can't check the confirmation dialogue box (shows up as "unauthorized" in command prompt). I had very little storage (less than 250mB) for the last few days. I don't have root access, custom recovery, or an unlocked bootloader.

I already tried clearing my cache; if I restart after doing so it only takes a few seconds to pass the OnePlus logo as opposed to the ~20 seconds it previously took. This delay raises every few restarts. I've tried waiting many hours to see if anything would happen or if ADB would start functioning. I also tried fully draining my battery overnight and nothing happened. My files are not deleted/fully corrupt since I could still see them when flashing through internal storage from Recovery Mode. OnePlus chat support said I have to flash my phone and Twitter support refused to respond. Local data recovery centers said I could get my phone shipped to them for a free diagnostic, should I do so or is there a way to unbrick or recover my data at home?

Is there anything I can do? Thank you very much!... for now I'll just remain depressed...

TL;DR - My phone's stuck at the circles boot animation and I want to recover my files or fix the soft-brick without resetting. I don't have root access, custom recovery, or an unlocked bootloader.

OnePlus 5T Forum

The OnePlus 5T release date is unknown..Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown.
Release Date
Reviews