1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Data Recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bikerbub, Jan 31, 2013.

1. bikerbub

bikerbub New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Hello ladies and gents, I've gotten myself into a bit of a predicament.

I've been having issues lately with my tablet's S pen (weird squiggles and lines after lifting pen) so I called Samsung's tech support to get things hammered out.

First course of action that was taken was to preform a factory reset on my tablet. This is where my problem lies. See, I use my tablet for note-taking in all of my classes, and, prior to this reset, I had accumulated somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 individual notes. Problem is, apparently the parameters for a factory reset have changed from what I'm familiar with, and all of my notes, music, and videos are gone from the normally accessible areas of the device.

My question is: is there any way to get any of my data back? Using Astro File Browser, I stumbled across a file named "install-recovery.sh" in /etc/, but being as that appears to be a UNIX file, I've no way of running it to even see what its function is.

Literally any help would be appreciated at this point, I'm really between a rock and a hard place.

Thank you all,
    Josh

Advertisement

2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    Too late.

You might try some custom tools that are designed to restore data from MTP, but I cannot remember the names. Check PlayStore.