1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

data still used after file is removed

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Axmer, May 25, 2017.

1. Axmer

Axmer Lurker

Hello.

Lately i have troubles removing files. some files I remove don't actually free any space. Especially deleting folders containing large amounts of files. verry allarming because now I cant free space and i realy need it. The worst one was when i removed a folder containing around 20 videos of 1 gb each. After removal, no space cleared. Instead it indicated "Other" filetypes in the storage menu in settings (as shown in picture).

Please help me as soon as possible, I realy need a solution to this.
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

Which app did you use to delete the folders? And is it possible that said app has a "recycle bin" setup so that you can undelete your deleted files? Effectively only moving your files into storage.

3. Axmer

Axmer Lurker

Hello, thank you for your reply.

I first want to say that the problem somehow solved on its own. My guess is that there actually was some kind of recycle bin. I just couldn't find any "undo deletion" or some sort of option to recover it.

the app used is the build in file manager. Nothing special. but I get your thoughts since I have a slightly reworked version of android. (called Flyme OS).

In future I know I have to wait 3 days before it's actually deleted unless I find a way to do it sooner.

I hope this helps other poeple with the same annoying problem.
    Regards.

JAy3001 likes this.
  4. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

Glad you got it sorted. I see from the OS features it does indeed have a recycle bin, so I guess somewhere there must be some settings you can tweak. Have a dig around and see what you can find. ;)

Axmer likes this.