• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Data Throttle for all our CM7 roms!

The "older one' from a while back, the GNM recovery, does that have Edify so you speak? I've had that recovery on my phones since day one and flashed everything with it. What is preferred by most and is the switch that difficult if possible? I think i remember hearing around this board when I started the modding on this phone that CWM wasn't good for our M's...anyone?

Out of my 3 M's, 2 work (one the vibrator is almost dead) and my daily working one. Then the one stuck in safe mode that I can't get to boot normally without holding the buttons.

Also, if someone flashed one of the governor removers and the Mobile Networks will be disabled...anyway to go back and make sure the data roaming is on without flashing again? Editing the services.jar and reflashing? Just for reference and might help others.

Upvote 0
I have flashed pretty much every ROM here and BackSide works but FC and reboots. Tried the fix permissions and all that jazz. Always find me back to stock Kelso 2.2 with 2.2.1. OC kernel. No probs.

All other roms i've tried, the MMS fix didn't work or i had to use a specific 3rd party sms app (i like h.c and Chomp) and still didnt feel right. I love the CM7 roms and want to be on one that is stable. I've seen all the threads and guides too. To much flashing and all that for me, so i get lazy and go back to 2.2.2 with adw n stuff. Advice.

Wrong thread maybe but I did flash both the stock "throttleBgone" and this newer one for CM7 on BackSide I believe, crappy signal quality but 300-800 if im lucky.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones