• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Data throttling on cm11

Xavier1022

Dec 8, 2013
Does anybody know how to stop data throttling on cm11 ?? It is so annoying without throttle I get somewhere between 100KB/s -300 KB/s but when boost mobile throttle speeds it shoots down to like 40KB/s MAX. Its so anyoying. Anyone from boost mobile knows what I'm talking about. But if you havea mmethod on how to stop it please tell me. Thanks!

Yes ik but i never knew how to do it :/ ik its ##DATA# but im afraid ima mess it up...but actually its still an issue because i don't have my zte warp sequent (well i do just not turned on and is in one of my shoeboxes for a backup phone) i now have the Moto G from Boostmobile which is the best phone for its price category and i got mine for $89 on ebay and yes only $89 for a quad core snapdragon 400 proccesor and 720 display :). However i am rooted on my moto g running stock rom and im pretty sure the ##DATA# is still possible correct?

Upvote 0
I don't own this phone but i use a VPN like Hotspot Shield to protect from T-Mobile throttling my internet on my nexus 5 it basically "hides" your data usage

jlede, thanks for that knowledge, I had no idea such software existed.

After seeing your information, I did some reading. And I found out, that HotSpot Shield, may have millions and millions of users, the reviews tho, were awful, almost no one had any kind of good experience to report.

So, I passed on it, but liking the idea, and digging some, found one I was willing to try.

Vitatun has excellent reviews, and will respond when customers have problems. It's a paid service, (cheap), and it's world-wide.

I installed it on my Warp 2, and also on my Windows XP Desktop. (via website).

Took a look at my data usage at the Boost mobile website.

What that showed me, was today after multiple times of connecting, and browsing, than checking ... the Boost account data was 1298.13 for the month.

And than about an hour later and after again running up about 17MB of data used, ... there was NO CHANGE to that DATA total.

In the past that has ALWAYS showed the slightest change and updates the use each time it's viewed.

After 2 hours of use,and another 107MB of data, (watched a TED talk), the boost site, shows NO data use past 1298.13

I think, this could be significant, if it continues to what? Hide usage? over a month?

Thanks for the info.

Upvote 0
so they throttle it then send it to the device or send it then throttle it could you explain a bit more (i have unlimited on T-Mobile USA (MetroPCS) but i still get throttle probably because i use 20+ GB a month of LTE and HSPA+)

It is similar to a cable internet connection where if you pay for 40MB/s you don't get 100MB/s. No matter what you do on your device, they still only give you a restricted amount of data.

Upvote 0
Yea I used to use it at school but all the freshman don't know how to hide it and they decided to show every teacher so they blocked vpns (sorry for the rambling) but yes it does just how it helps you get past restrictions at school the same for mobile data
I do this at school however the Tech guy is my friend and obviously told me not to show anyone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones