• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Data Throttling

SParker40

Jan 15, 2012
Bristol Tennessee
Does anyone know where to find the thread about data throttling? I am pretty sure Ive seen it before but cant find it. I like to tether and am sick of being throttled affter 2 movies every month. Also if thats not possible then does anyone know how to mask your internet usage? Any responses are appreciated. I am on boost and running xFuZiiOnZz-4.3.2 Android version 4.03 Fastkernel ISC V5. Thank you. I am also open to pointers if there is a different rom that this can be done with. Im not a pro but been around this forum for a while now. Thanks again:thinking:
Edit: I could only find the chinese edition of root explorer on the blackmart app, Im not able to read that.
I tried to get into the data/system/throttle folder and change permissions and was successfull in doing that but was using root manager pro to do this and could not delete the folder that was in there. There was not two files in there but only one and it was a number 909something. Anyways I changed the permissions of the throttle folder to read and execute and the 909 file to read only and execute thinking that this might work but only results were almost no 3G at all. Im not sure if it even was on but for a couple seconds the 3G only flashes white but not the bars. Anyone know about this. Im on the same ROM still.

Does anyone know where to find the thread about data throttling? I am pretty sure Ive seen it before but cant find it. I like to tether and am sick of being throttled affter 2 movies every month. Also if thats not possible then does anyone know how to mask your internet usage? Any responses are appreciated. I am on boost and running xFuZiiOnZz-4.3.2 Android version 4.03 Fastkernel ISC V5. Thank you. I am also open to pointers if there is a different rom that this can be done with. Im not a pro but been around this forum for a while now. Thanks again:thinking:
Edit: I could only find the chinese edition of root explorer on the blackmart app, Im not able to read that.
I tried to get into the data/system/throttle folder and change permissions and was successfull in doing that but was using root manager pro to do this and could not delete the folder that was in there. There was not two files in there but only one and it was a number 909something. Anyways I changed the permissions of the throttle folder to read and execute and the 909 file to read only and execute thinking that this might work but only results were almost no 3G at all. Im not sure if it even was on but for a couple seconds the 3G only flashes white but not the bars. Anyone know about this. Im on the same ROM still.
Still no luck but my bills dure tomorrow and Ill have only 3G by monday Im sure. I would love to drop boost but Im so close to 35 a month who could do that. Still looking for help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones