1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Data Tracker

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dbnguy, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Dbnguy

Dbnguy Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a widget that tracks data usage? I use droid stats for my phone, but it doesnt seem to function to nicely on the tablet. Its on the screen, but doesnt count down as I use data.

Would prefer something small like 1x1 with data remaining on it.

Any ideas / sugestions?

Tx guys...

Lee

Advertisement

2. Thorsten

Thorsten Android Enthusiast

I use 3D Watchdog on my phone (Tab is Wifi-only). It comes with a reasonably nice (I think) 1

3. Dbnguy

Dbnguy Well-Known Member

Thanks Thorsten - JUST what I was looking for. Tried so many other apps which just tried to be way to clever :)

4. Dbnguy

Dbnguy Well-Known Member

Sorry one more thing guys, do you know where on the tab I can check to see current usage? Want to see how much Ive used since the first so I can update the widget...

Tx

5. Thorsten

Thorsten Android Enthusiast

The is no (obvious) menu option to show this. However, Android does track certain usage stats internally (e.g., since last boot, since forever, …) You may be able to get to some of those with apps or widget that show internal variables and hidden menus. I like Minimalistic Text. Create a widget and in the options, select Start another activity, Select an activity or a shortcut and search through the many activities (some open test menus or status screens). I’m not sure if you’ll get to 3G usage this way.

P.S. Use at your own risk! I just saw that this gives you access to a Factory Rest option, which does NOT ask for conformation!