• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data traffic enabled only when using 3G or WiFi, possible?

Sensai

Lurker
Aug 3, 2011
Belgium
Hello guys

I have recently bought an HTC Wildfire S that ships with Android 2.3 installed on it. I have a question about disabling internet traffic for specific networks.

Is it possible to enable internet traffic for 3G and WiFi but keep it disabled when the device tries to use EDGE? I have some widgets about the weather in my area, Facebook notification notifier, etc... which require an internet connection. Because my 3G range is not really optimal in some area's and WiFi is not always an option, my phone changes to EDGE to keep the apps that require an internet connection updated... but EDGE costs money (too much for just keeping the apps up-to-date imo). So thats why I want to know if it is possible to disable EDGE (and anything else that costs money).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones