1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

data transfer from phone to sd card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by exitwounds8o8, Sep 22, 2014.

1. exitwounds8o8

exitwounds8o8 Lurker

hey guys

any one having issues transferring data from your handset memory onto an sd card?

I have a 64 GB sd card and when i try to move files from the handset to the card the vast majority of the time the files get lost in cyber space. (literally)

they no longer appear on my phones memory and they either dont get transferred to the sd card or the file partially transfers but doesnt complete.

for example if i download a music album and try to transfer it a handful of songs just simply vanish once the transfer is complete. or if i move a video file from the phone to card a lot of the time the file wont completely transfer so ill get maybbe 5 mins or so of actual playback before the file ends.

I have checked these files prior to transferring and they all worked fine on the phone its just when i try to transfer them that i run into this issue.

also does anyone know of a way to get files to download directly to the card and not the phones memory?

i find it odd that i cant manually select the download path when i try to download files.

any help in these regards will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

Two words.

Kit Kat

Don't know why the files are vanishing though.

3. exitwounds8o8

exitwounds8o8 Lurker

Sorry. Noob here. Not sure water that means lol.

4. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

sorry about the too brief reply.

Kit Kat is the lastest verison of Android's OS and Google chose to lock down the SD card functionality.

Apps can store their own data in their own folder on the sD card, but they cannot copy data from a different app and paste it into a different folder on the SD card.

That just about makes the SD card useless for me.

My camera will store all of its' pictures on the SD card. Whoopity Doo....

but I cannot use a File Manager to copy files from the phone, or the Pc, and put them on the SD card.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews