1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Data Usage Limited Android (Due to Time of Day or a Data Limit)

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Storm28_, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Storm28_

Storm28_ Lurker

So I keep getting this message on my Android phone. I don't know why I'm getting this message, I have unlimited data with Verizon. I think its an Android issue. Has anyone ever gotten this message? If so, what did you do about it? This is an inconvenience.. I want this message to GO AWAY FOREVER!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Never seen or heard of "time of day" limitations, unless that's a poorly-worded way of saying "network congestion". The message could be read as "I've a decent signal but limited connectivity and I don't know why" - do you have problems with throughput when this message appears?

If it's a Verizon phone this could be something that Verizon added, even though it says "Android System".

I've also read that VZW's definition of "unlimited" is a little more "nuanced" than the word implies, i.e. does not mean "full LTE speeds no matter how much data you use". I don't know whether that's related to this - as I'm on the other side of the Atlantic I'm just going on what I've read here and in other places.

ocnbrze, mikedt and tommo47 like this.
  3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

It may be just an annoyance notification, the next time it appears, just long press on it and choose stop notifications for it

ocnbrze and mikedt like this.
  4. tommo47

tommo47 On Yer Bike, In Yer Chair
    VIP Member

ocnbrze, mikedt and Dannydet like this.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I suspect Verizon has a fair usage policy for data, and you've reached your fair usage quota for the time, or day, or whatever. And they've pushed out the message telling you so. Presumably you're using a Verizon variant device.

Verizon Unlimited Data*

*subject to limits

ocnbrze, tommo47 and Dannydet like this.
  6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

this is definitely a Verizon thing and not android. i have been with Verizon for almost a year now and have not seen this before. i also have the Get More Unlimited plan. i would check your plan features....and when in doubt talk with Verizon as others suggested.

tommo47 and mikedt like this.
  7. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Try logging into your Verizon account and check its data usage options:
    https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-20969/

tommo47 and ocnbrze like this.
  8. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Shot in the dark here...

start at homepage
    goto

Settings
    Network and Internet
    Data Usage
    Billing Cycle

here you should see something like this:

Screenshot_2020-06-25_00-31-53.png

This is where you can adjust the point at which that notification appears or disable it.

The part of that notification that mentions time is interesting.

There are apps that can be used to restrict internet access at certain times, and I imagine that it could also be a built in feature of a device.

But, that doesnt mean that it actually even exists here.

Try finding the above first, as it seems to be more along those lines to me.