• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data usage tracking broken?

Many of use have been seeing this same issue for a while now. I contacted Sprint and here is the response (and the rep was very nice with follow up e-mails as well)...."[FONT=&quot]I have received findings from the ticket I submitted concerning the Virgin Mobile data usage display that is currently not available for you to see while logging into your account online. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]For this ticket SD2672042(IM2535984), an analysis was done and it was determined that it required a code change to fix this issue. They are working on code changes now. They will deploy the fix for this issue in a new software release which is scheduled on 09/14/2014."

In the mean time, if you want to know the amount of data you have used in your current plan month, you can send an e-mail to [/FONT]SaveMe@Thevirginangels.com....I find this the least painful way to contact VM. They will ask you for your phone number and your account PIN....Hope this helps.

Reactions: unclevername
Upvote 0
Many of use have been seeing this same issue for a while now. I contacted Sprint and here is the response (and the rep was very nice with follow up e-mails as well)...."[FONT=&quot]..They are working on code changes now. They will deploy the fix for this issue in a new software release which is scheduled on 09/14/2014."

In the mean time, if you want to know the amount of data you have used in your current plan month, you can send an e-mail to [/FONT]SaveMe@Thevirginangels.com....I find this the least painful way to contact VM. They will ask you for your phone number and your account PIN....Hope this helps.

Anything new on this? I just noticed the same on my account. I normally just check under Data Usage to see how much data I've used.

I wonder, was the reporting broken or the tracking broken? If the latter, it'd be a shame if they fixed it. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Anything new on this? I just noticed the same on my account. I normally just check under Data Usage to see how much data I've used.

I wonder, was the reporting broken or the tracking broken? If the latter, it'd be a shame if they fixed it. :rolleyes:
I have contacted Virgin Mobile concerning this issue and they have escalated it to their "Specialty Department".

They are still keeping track of data usage because they supplied me with my current usage.

Upvote 0
I contacted a Sprint Rep, back in early August about this issue. I was told then that the fix required a code change and that it would be "deployed" on Sept 14. Well that didn't happen, so I contacted Sprint again on 9/18 and was told that the fix date was pushed out to Sept 24, so we will see. And yes, they are still tracking our data usage and can/will provide it if you ask. It sucks that they can see it and we can't.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones