1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Data usage when playing music from google play

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by celica4557, Oct 27, 2014.

1. celica4557

celica4557 Lurker

hey all,
    I just moved to the galaxy world from the iphone world and im trying to find the best way to get my music on my phone. I looked around for ways to transfer my itunes music to my note 4 and the video I found pointed me in the direction of google play.
    I got my itunes library to transfer over and I can access all of it from my phone via the google play app. But to my knowledge it seems to only be streaming the music. If i click the download button, does it still stream? I want to listen to my music but i dont want to go over my data limit. Any help or insight on this topic???

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I'd just copy the music to the sd card then use my music player of choice to listen to it. Personally I use PowerAmp or Neutron, but there are many others.

Can't help with Play Music because I have never used it, and uninstalled it long ago.

3. celica4557

celica4557 Lurker

I Would Like To Not download an app if I didnt have to

4. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

You can set Play Music to only play what's on your device.
    Copy your music to your SD card then Play all you want.
    If you don't have a local copy of your music, download it from PM while connected to WiFi and it won't use data (which is also true of streaming it, no data use if connected to WiFi).

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews