1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Data usage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mratlndmrk, Sep 4, 2010.

1. mratlndmrk

mratlndmrk Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Let me get this out in the open...I don't trust AT&T.

Now that that is out of the way, are there any good data usage apps that will track data usage to the minute? I hate the fact that AT&T "eventually" shows your data usage and then sort of groups several usage activities into 1. It's impossible to try and match up what they report I used based on time of day because of their lag in reporting. Anyway, I just want to make sure that I'm not getting hosed.....which I'm pretty sure I (we all) am.

BTW, I would like to monitor usage per session and not just cumulative usage.

Advertisement

2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    student
    north alabama
    i have an app called att myWireless and i check that, it seems to be right on the amount of data i have used. there is also 3g watchdog and you can set it to warn you when you get close to your data limit

billy1561 likes this.
  3. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Try dodol phoneusage.

4. getDange

getDange Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    OP, trust or not, AT&T will bill you based on their numbers. You can't include some crappy and questionable market app's statistics with your bill and ask AT&T to bill you differently.
    Just use that handy "ATT check data usage" phone number in your address book to get detailed usage stats from time to time. I am on 200 MB plan and now that my usage settled to normal, I am well within the bucket. Granted I do not watch youtube over 3G (only because 3G sucks in New York City), but otherwise I am a heavy user.

Sorry this does nothing to answer your question, just wanted to share my opinion.

5. chicknlil

chicknlil Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Female
    New England
    This.

Also, if you have JuiceDefender, you can set 3G Watchdog up to turn off your 3G when you start approaching your limit.

6. jrdoll28

jrdoll28 Active Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Just dial *3282#. 3282=DATA.

7. mratlndmrk

mratlndmrk Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Thanks all. I installed 3G watchdog and it is doing exactly what i was looking for. As for for dialing *DATA#, I assure you that the information provided by that is NOT up to date (to the minute). Besides, I was looking for something that I could check immediately after using an app to see what amount of data is being used and 3G watchdog gives me that.

8. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Central Florida
    3G watchdog is top shelf. I have the old school unlimited data plan (never giving that up) but I use it for the same purpose you said, I just like to know. Pretty handy tool...

9. looksbetterinred

looksbetterinred Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Import/Export
    Kansas
    I use 3G watchdog and bump it up against what AT&T every few days and it's spot on.