• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mratlndmrk

Aug 20, 2010
Let me get this out in the open...I don't trust AT&T.

Now that that is out of the way, are there any good data usage apps that will track data usage to the minute? I hate the fact that AT&T "eventually" shows your data usage and then sort of groups several usage activities into 1. It's impossible to try and match up what they report I used based on time of day because of their lag in reporting. Anyway, I just want to make sure that I'm not getting hosed.....which I'm pretty sure I (we all) am.

BTW, I would like to monitor usage per session and not just cumulative usage.

OP, trust or not, AT&T will bill you based on their numbers. You can't include some crappy and questionable market app's statistics with your bill and ask AT&T to bill you differently.
Just use that handy "ATT check data usage" phone number in your address book to get detailed usage stats from time to time. I am on 200 MB plan and now that my usage settled to normal, I am well within the bucket. Granted I do not watch youtube over 3G (only because 3G sucks in New York City), but otherwise I am a heavy user.

Sorry this does nothing to answer your question, just wanted to share my opinion.

Upvote 0
i have an app called att myWireless and i check that, it seems to be right on the amount of data i have used. there is also 3g watchdog and you can set it to warn you when you get close to your data limit

This.

Also, if you have JuiceDefender, you can set 3G Watchdog up to turn off your 3G when you start approaching your limit.

Upvote 0
Just dial *3282#. 3282=DATA.

Thanks all. I installed 3G watchdog and it is doing exactly what i was looking for. As for for dialing *DATA#, I assure you that the information provided by that is NOT up to date (to the minute). Besides, I was looking for something that I could check immediately after using an app to see what amount of data is being used and 3G watchdog gives me that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones