1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Data usage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cousin2011, May 27, 2011.

1. Cousin2011

Cousin2011 Newbie
    None

My data usage shows logged in on my phone plan for 4 or 5 hours each time I get on the net. Generally it's things like checking the weather radar, all of a minute max. I then close the browser.
    I don't know if it's the phone or Vodafone Aus
    Anything on my Desire HD I should be closing when I'm finished?

Thanks

M

Advertisement

2. LeelaBot

LeelaBot Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2011
    The Desire HD is pretty good at closing down the app when you use the back button to exit. If you just press the home button to cut directly to the home screen, it will keep running your page.

If you're really uncertain about your data usage, download 3G Watchdog from the market. It's a fantastic data monitoring app. Just remember that in the first month, it will only show usage from the day you install it, not what you have remaining for the month.

If you're using the internet to check the weather etc, you might want to look at installing the dolphin browser as it has an "exit" option so you KNOW you're out :)

3. Cousin2011

Cousin2011 Newbie
    None

Thanks Leela, I had been thinking of installing Dolphin
    The stock browser always goes into Vodafone live by default which annoys me
    It doesn't seem to matter if I'm using an app (such as weather) or the browser, my usage on my phone plan shows 4 or 5 hours each time
    I do always use the back arrow button on the phone to back out of anything, rather than hitting home screen directly
    I will ring Vodafone (and waste a couple of hours:mad:), but just wanted to check on the phone side of things first
    Any other ideas I should be checking?

M